Are breeder boxes good

blackmollylover4life

I have a pregnant guppy at the moment probably will give birth in 12-18 hours i bought a breeder net ad i want to put her in. and yes i have plants in there. At the moment there is 11 fry in the net already but the plant will let them hide.Should i move her? ( please respond quick because of the time before birth)

Oliver T.

Personally I would skip on the breeding net, most babies can hide and survive on there own. Most of the time you end up with more babies then you think and dont have a big enough tank to house them in. Breeder nets just seem like an unneeded complexity and added stress to the female

blackmollylover4life

problem is i don't have many plants only enough for the breeder net which i already have fry in. Those fry were the ones that lived a day for me to be able to extract them so i would doubt a single one would survive on its own.

Oliver T.

blackmollylover4life said:
problem is i don't have many plants only enough for the breeder net which i already have fry in. Those fry were the ones that lived a day for me to be able to extract them so i would doubt a single one would survive on its own.
A few plants would be enough to keep the majority of fry alive believe it or not. My molly gave birth in a tank with nothing but a sandy bottom and 2 sword plants and after a month I was stuck with about 30 new babies.

blackmollylover4life

yeah but i already tried that have been for the last 3 months. It hasnt worked.

babyfish

Please don't put her in it. It will most likely only cause stress, witch can result her to abort her fry and/or die.

blackmollylover4life

then how do i breed her? Getting a new tank is no an option?
i have also read that if you leve her in for less then a day and with plants she will probably be fine

kallililly1973

I would remove her n leave the fry in the net for a little while also as above mentioned if you don’t have a lot of tanks your better off letting nature take it’s course cause you will positively be overrun wit fry in no time

blackmollylover4life

being overrun is not an issue because i will sell them to fish and the ones i cant well lets just say some other fish will get a snack. thank you and im probably gonna move her into the net

chromedome52

If you don't want to get another tank to raise them in, they will never get big enough to sell. Better to just let nature take it's course. Putting an adult fish in one of those breeding nets is unnecessary and futile torture.

Kitley

I can not even make myself put Mom into one of the lil breeders where the fry drop below. I can not bear to see it. I have guppies and when Mom gets close to popping I move her from my 75 gal to 15 gal QT tank. I have only one fake plant in the lil tank...I make a few mops out of wool and put them in. Tie loosley and the fry love it. With my guppies I have found the number and fry and the size of newborns gets bigger and stronger. Sometimes I move Mom back to the large tank after birthing, this time around I am going to try leaving her with the fry. My last birth was today and looks like about 20 or 30 fry

blackmollylover4life

I concede. i'm selling the breeder box and getting some guppy grass and a songe filter to community breed. It better work

Latest threads

Top Bottom