Are Both Of These False Julii Corydoras?

SuperMon

I got a couple corydoras from petsmart 2 weeks ago, 3 juliI (most likely false from what I hear) and 2 albino after being told they would school even though they had different coloring. They don't really and despite having black sand I like how the juliI look more so I decided to get more. Sadly petsmart had only 2 when I went to get more. Strangely when I got home and got them in my 29 gallon I realized they look very different. My original trio look more grey, small and spotted versus the new pair were very white and the dots were more connected lines. They haven't really schooled up so if they are different than false juliI I want more of the slightly darker grey ones I guess. First pic is one of the original 3 and the last is the new one. Please help me ID of both are false julii!

ValerieAdams

I've noticed that cories will get darker to try and camouflage themselves with dark substrates, pandas I have noticed especially. I bet the longer your new ones are in, the more they'll look like the others. But they look the same to me. DoubleDutch can verify

Fanatic

Yes, they are false juliis.

DoubleDutch

Both are REAL C.trilineatus.
There are more "types" and it depends on breeding as well.

SuperMon

Okay thanks for the replies and clarification. Love the little guys!

SuperMon

ValerieAdams said:
I've noticed that cories will get darker to try and camouflage themselves with dark substrates, pandas I have noticed especially. I bet the longer your new ones are in, the more they'll look like the others. But they look the same to me. DoubleDutch can verify
That's great to hear! And explains the color diff because petsmart usually keeps fish on light tan gravel

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom