20 Gallon Tank Are black moors cuddling?

starrgazer6175
I have 2 black moors, not sure of the age. I have had them for about 6 months. Yesterday we moved them from a 10 gallon to a 20 gallon tank. This morning I went to check on them and they were both in the corner of the tank laying on the bottom. I thought they were dead, but when I tapped on the tank, they both "woke up" and swam away. I fed them and they ate fine. They seem to be acting like they always do. Were they cuddling??

Lucy
HI Welcome to Fish Lore.

It's great that you've moved them into a larger tank. That must have been scary finding them that way.
They may need a little time to adjust to their new home. Do they have decorations, plants and such to hide and play in?
Any other symptoms?

starrgazer6175
Yes, I do have plants and decorations. They have no other syptoms. When I fed them, they darted up to the top like they always do and let me pet them as always...lol, yes, they let me pet them and do not swim away. They are swimming around like always and other than finding them that way, they seem to be ok.

Lucy
Oh, good, hopefully, they'll continue their normal behavior.
We'd love to see some pic of your moors. I think they're adorable.

starrgazer6175
Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease. Is there a way to tell if these are male or female?

Top Bottom