Are Angelfish that sensitive?

sbrown64

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Everywhere i read that angelfish are tough and dominant. Well my story is as follows:-

I had 3 medium size Angels all killed by a siamese fighting fish, which charged at their side and left them for dead, then last night one of them swam near to the outflow pipe of a 1600l per hour filter and then acted like it had broken its back bone, this morning it was dead.

I look forward to your replies and comments with interest.

Regards

Stephen Brown

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It really depends on the situation whether angelfish are tough fish or not. The Betta(siamese fighting fish) would naturally be aggressive toward another fish with big fins. What he was doing by striking them in the side is injuring their swim bladder thus killing them. He was protecting his home territory. The one sucked up to the outflow was already injured.
Carol

sbrown64

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

The fighter was moved out a few ago, the new angels only came in last week, all fine until yesterday when angel 1 got hit by the power of the outflow.

Regards

Stephen

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, I have 9 angels right now in a big hex tank. There's no other fish to fight with, but I've been having some cycling issues that might kill a lesser fish, and the angels have all seemed to survive OK. In that respect I'd say they're pretty tough. Remember, an Angelfish is cousin to an Oscar... and I've seen an Oscar hold it's own against a Parana it's own size!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom