Are Angelfish known to eat guppies?

Jhawk117

Hi, I know that Angelfish are known to eat smaller fish like tetras and what not. I'm wondering if they are even prone to eat guppies? I just got 3 guppies and my two angels are already trying to nibble at them, poor things. I wonder if its worth it to just take the guppies back before they get eaten?

Ghelfaire

I would definitely take the guppies back. If the fish is small enough to fit in the angel fish's mouth then it'll be eaten. Guppies are also relatively slow swimmers and if tetras can be in danger than guppies definitely can.

Upvote 0

Yeoy

It depends a bit on the size of your angels as well, but if they're adult/mature then yes, smaller fish like guppies are definitely in danger. Even if they don't eat them, they will nip them and their fins, stress them out a lot which can lead to death anyway. If it's possible, returning/rehoming them is probably the best option.

Then you can do a bit of research and find a more suitable tank mate for your angels.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

take the guppies back! If you wanna put gups with angelfish you need to raise the angels with the guppies(they sill may eat them). Female guppies can fit in a angels mouth so they are never safe. Since there are adults it may be too late

Upvote 0

Jhawk117

Yes, I am taking them back! I went for a walk and when I came back, one of my females was already dead probably from either being nipped too much or too much stress

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
oHails
  • Question
Replies
Views
coralbandit
  • Question
Replies