Are all weather loaches the same?

Slvikan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Soooo I stopped by a local aquatics store today and saw a tank with some weather loaches. They were dark with spots! I looked it up & apparently they ARE the same as the Golden Dojo’s, except the Gold’s are tank raised.
Either way does anybody know if they are the exact same? Like if I wanted three loaches and I have two golden’s (well one is albino), does the spotted one mean I have a group of 3 dojo loaches? I want to add to my crew but want to be sure I’m not giving competing animals.

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm pretty sure there are more than one species of Weather Loach as it has been referred to before. Don't think I am mistaken, but I have no further info so I suggest researching the subject.

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm pretty sure there are more than one species of Weather Loach as it has been referred to before. Don't think I am mistaken, but I have no further info so I suggest researching the subject.
So there are, just looked it up. There are 3 Misgurnus anguillicaudatus, Misgurnus Fossilis and Cobitis Taenia.
It seems M. Anuillicaudatus what are usually sold, they have spots as normal coloration and are the Golden variety.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom