Are all Tuxedo Endlers hybrids?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Harlebleondora, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

So months ago I bought 10 black bar endlers from a favourite fish store of mine. Fast forward to today and they have been breeding like rabbits.

Now a lot of the fry gave grown up about half of the male endlers never got full coloring, their bodies have stayed mostly black. I don't have my own pictures right now but I will upload some of mine when I get home.

What the black bar endler parents look like[​IMG]

What some of the now adult babies look like[​IMG]

The shop could not certify they were pure endlers but they appear to not be crossed with anything so I'd say they are class P.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Matt68046

Matt68046 Valued Member Member

Ya most of the LFS endlers are not class N or whatever the pure wild form means. Ive had some before, i got bored with them pretty easily. Enjoy your guppies, because thats what they all are, poecilia. Their not hybrids because a true hybrid would mean guppies crossed with endlers, yours just looks like some diffrent colored endlers mated. If you go to the site endlersusa.com or . net or something. you can see Adrian Hernandez's diffrent types of endlers. Ive never seen a grey bodied endler like that, so maybe at some point there was some Reticulata blood mixed in, but he looks pretty small to be a fancy hybrid? IDK really I kept endlers for awhile, their cool and all but kinda boring after awhile and very hard to catch! That site may be able to answer better than me.

3. OP
    OP
    Harlebleondora

Thanks, they look exactly like endlers except for the coloring.

4. OP
    OP
    Harlebleondora

[​IMG]
    One of the black endlers. As you can see they are very small, normal endler size. Thats a normal sized thermometer for scale.

[​IMG]
    One of the black bar endlers. (Sorry for blurry picture)

So do you think my endlers are not hybridised with reticulata?

Is it fair to call the black ones Tuxedo endlers?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  5. Matt68046

Actually looking at the first picture closely, it looks like they may have reticulata blood somewhere way back. If you breed him to some Wild guppy or Endler females, you could set your own line over time, and give it your own name and everything, it would be alot of work and time and require some ten gallon tanks and some young plain females, but it is possible. But judging by the cadual and dorsal fins, and his big head, he may have some guppy blood after all IMO.

6. OP
    OP
    Harlebleondora

Ok thanks, My tank is really full so I need to sell some, what should I sell them as? Class P endler? Class K? Can I call them Tuxedos?

7. Matt68046

I would not sell guppies under a special name unless they are a certain kind of guppy. Since yours are mixed to the point where you don't even know what to call them, then their just mutts and worth about a dollar each to me or a fish store owner.

8. OP
    OP
    Harlebleondora

Ok thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice