Question Are All Cory's Hyper? I Just Purchased 3 And They Are Very Entertaining. I'm Just Hoping It's Nomal.

Moto5350Amberhondacrf450r

Reaction score
So just bought 3 small Corydoras they are constantly swimming. Is this normal behavior? 10 gallon tank parameters are perfect. Btw they have no other tank mates. I'm new

OP

Reaction score
They
mattgirl said:
Welcome to Fishlore

yep, corys are always on the move. I call mine my little vacuum cleaners. They are always on the job.
Are hilarious. I can't figure out anything on this site FOR 1 IM NOT 49and can't figure out how to fix it lol

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
Moto5350Amberhondacrf450r said:
They

Are hilarious. I can't figure out anything on this site FOR 1 IM NOT 49and can't figure out how to fix it lol
Hang in there. You will get the hang of how the forum works. Go to the top of this page and click on your user name. Once there you can go in and change lots of things.

oops, I just checked it out and it looks like it won't allow me to change my birth date but will allow me to change whether or not my age is showing. A mod may have to do that for you.

pagoda

Well Known
Reaction score
Cory's are....

Insane, nuts, lunatics, frequently sexually frustrated breeding machines, insomniacs, aquabatic artists and generally mad as hatters

In a previous life they were clowns, stand up comedians, demolition workers, construction workers, actors

They are addictive to watch....be aware that they love to get jiggy with it after water changes and babies seem to appear at an alarming rate despite the rest of the fish eating eggs

I started with 4 Bronze Cory....at last count I have 11...since May 5th, 2019 when the 4 arrived. Within a week of arrival they were throwing their caviar EVERYWHERE!

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Cories are the life of my tank. Always on the go.

But then as if they are cars in a parking lot, they pull into a shady area and park for a bit lol

Debbie1986

Well Known
Reaction score
The parked car bit is very true. I always feed the same spot for the cories so I know where they'll hang out. LOL. Shady area under the plants, just chillaxing until it's crazy fast swim-dart time!

Fur and Fins

Reaction score
I absolutely love Corys. They’re sweet, funny, very entertaining, and I find them to be completely oblivious to anything going on around them! They hit the top of the water with amazing speed, and anything swimming better look out. My Dojo regularly bowls them over, but they right themselves quickly and get right back to their sand sifting. I especially enjoy them when they’re all gathered at the front of the tank holding their daily meetings. Sometimes they’re side-by-side and sometimes lined up like airplanes getting ready for take-off. They’re quirky and lots of fun.

Tony_P

Reaction score
Yep -- in fact -- be worried if they don't act hyper! Seriously though -- there are times when they just sit and veg in a plant -- and then 5 minutes later -- ZING! Back and forth and up and down and all around the tank. As I said in another thread, I think its a secret stash of cory-catnip.

I moved my corys, Bronzie (the mom), Blondie (the dad), and their (no longer not so little) kitten, Bab Corrie, over to my 25 gallon along with my new one, Casper, and I don't care what others say, but these fish just love to play!

Tony

New Threads