Archerfish

InfernBlaze

So this might seem really stupid for me to do, since I have seen archerfish before, but totally forgot they live in brackish water, just did a bit of research on it, some say the juveniles can thrive in fresh but the adults won't, and some say the adults can thrive in freshwater but the juveniles can't, I am prepared to provide him/her with a big tank, even up to the hundreds or dig him a pond, but I believe that they won't get that big, What I am trying to say is, I made an impulse buy on archerfish because it seems that it was the only one left in the tank and it seemed really colorful, and yeah can anyone tell me what I should do?, I can get a grow-out brackish or a grow-out freshwater then into brackish as an adult, if they thrive in freshwater as adults they'll just go with my main display tank which is constantly increasing in size. I would also appreciate it if you told me good tank mates for it

Coradee

Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

ChrisCoates

Depends on the species?

Kevin1962

Some do well in fresh. More info, please.

ChrisCoates

Kevin1962 said:
Some do well in fresh. More info, please.
Clouded Archers are fresh only

Trevor9168

What type of archer is it?

FinalFins

Hi,

a picture of the fish will be nessacary because you have not given the species of archerfish.

Archerfish also need a school of 6+. They can reach up to 10 inches depending on species.

If I were you I would return the fish and plan ahead if you truly want archerfish. They are cute suckers

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom