Aqueon vs Marineland heater

CoryBoi

My 3 year old aqueon 150 watt heater has condensation in it and is getting some wired build up on the bottom so I want to replace it relatively soon. I’m wondering if I should get a Marineland 150 precision or another aqueon 150 w?
They are both very cheap and I like the nob on the top of the aqueon but I’m not sure which I should get.

Marineland Precision Heater for Saltwater or Freshwater Aquariums, 150-Watt

Aqueon 100528587 Glass Submersible Adjustable Heaters,Black,150 W

Mongo75

Personally, I'd go for the Aqueon. I had the same Marineland heater, but the 100W and I found it next to impossible to get that little adjustment knob to turn.

CoryBoi

Personally, I'd go for the Aqueon. I had the same Marineland heater, but the 100W and I found it next to impossible to get that little adjustment knob to turn.
Yeah, I have the Marineland 100 and that nob is just stupid, I like the nob on the aqueon because it is easier to turn and it is an arrow.

Mongo75

When my Marineland heater died, I went with an Eheim Jager and really like it, but they are a bit more expensive. What I like about the Eheim Jager is it had an adjustment dial and a movable ring that tells you what temp it's set at. You have to calibrate the ring, but after the calibration, you simply set the dial where you want it.

CoryBoi

so, the heater arrived yesterday with a digital thermometer I purchased also, I put the thermometer probe in the tank and it read 80.4! my heater was set to 75 F! so I got this new heater in the tank and it was dead accurate.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Caroleanne
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Caroleanne
  • Becknewt24
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Becknewt24
  • katorimom