29 Gallon Tank Aqueon Versa Top is too short!

WrenFeenix

My goldfish keeps trying to flood my house, so I broke down and finally got a lid, however the lid doesn't fit! There's about a 1inch gap between the lid and the back of the tank, which is more than enough room for my fish to continue destroying my wall.

What lids are there that fit an Aqueon 29gal tank? Should I try to make the versa lid work, or return it?

ChrissFishes01

My goldfish keeps trying to flood my house, so I broke down and finally got a lid, however the lid doesn't fit! There's about a 1inch gap between the lid and the back of the tank, which is more than enough room for my fish to continue destroying my wall.

What lids are there that fit an Aqueon 29gal tank? Should I try to make the versa lid work, or return it?
Almost all lids are made with a gap at the back of the tank so there's room for wires and filters. That's standard.

It should have come with a small plastic piece that you can cut up and fill in the gaps with, though.

Upvote 0

WrenFeenix

Almost all lids are made with a gap at the back of the tank so there's room for wires and filters. That's standard.

It should have come with a small plastic piece that you can cut up and fill in the gaps with, though.
Even with the plastic piece it's too short. Without it, there's a 3inch gap.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

That seems odd. My versa top fits my 29 perfectly

Upvote 0

WrenFeenix

That seems odd. My versa top fits my 29 perfectly
How wide is the plastic strip you have? Mine is 2inch wide.
The lid fit just so inside the box, so I'm not sure if the wrong sized pane of glass was used or something.

Upvote 0

wrs2

I heard Ace cuts glass for customers, so maybe you can see if they can do a custom cut for you if you have one in your area.

Upvote 0

WrenFeenix

I heard Ace cuts glass for customers, so maybe you can see if they can do a custom cut for you if you have one in your area.
I actually have one about a mile away! Could I use one of those suction cup shower safety handles as a handle?

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I actually have one about a mile away! Could I use one of those suction cup shower safety handles as a handle?
Should be able to. Also, they do sell the Aqueon handles individually on amazon as well. And yes it is a 2" strip on the back.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Maxxx
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
  • Question
Replies
Views
Salem