aqueon t5 fluorescent 6.7k lamp

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Ryan123, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Ryan123Valued MemberMember

is it good for a 29 gallon

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I would say it depends on the plants you want to grow, if its a normal output dual tube fixture you'd probably be in low light. If its a dual t5 high output that would be more like high light.

If you're growing no plants and just using it for viewing I would get the normal output, or a plain single tube t8.

3. Mer-max

Mer-maxWell Known MemberMember

I believe he's referring to a dual strip of NO from petsmart.

4. OP
    OP
    R

Ryan123Valued MemberMember

it's a dual high output t5 lamp

5. Matt B

6. Mer-max

Where did you buy them?

I originally got that same brand in t5 and was assured they were HO, but they were actually NO. Do you have pics?

7. Matt B

Also, a fixture length and bulb wattage would help determine if they are HO.

8. kevin215

kevin215Valued MemberMember

if it is the t5no aqueon from pet smart it is around 1.2 watts per gallon. You will be able to keep low light plants alive but you will not see rapid growth but the will live.
    I have that fixture use liquid ferts and root tabs my plants stayed alive but i need to add a second light i had laying around to get the plant to grow well.
    I think this is the light he is talking about:  

as far as i know aqueon dose not sell a t5ho fixture at this time or at least comes up in a google search.

9. Mer-max

That's what I was thinking - it's gotta be NO

10. OP
    OP
    R

I might buy it today it would be a 30 inch and each bulb would be 18 watts each right now I only have a single tube 17 watt so this fixture would give me 36 watts total and the only plants I have are low light plants so this would be bbetter than what I have I think. I would do ferts and a liquid form of co2 from api

11. Mer-max

I have a 30" t5 from the same brand on my 20 long. I believe it to be moderate lighting due to the heighth.

NO - not HO

12. OP
    OP
    R

13. Mer-max

Of those I only have wisteria and its doing ok, just put a cutting of it in there about a week ago - no outstanding growth but no regressing what so ever

14. OP
    OP
    R

is yours a dual lamp because if it is I am going replace the color max bulb that it comes with that a t5 18 watt bulb so would replace the color max and buy another t5.

15. Mer-max

Yes. That's what I did - just swap the color max bulb out

16. OP
    OP
    R

ok that's what I will do would what do you think will happen if I don't get the light fixture

17. Mer-max

I don't have any experience with your current fixture so I couldn't tell you. What I can tell you is that upgrading usually produces much better results. When in moderate high categories be prepared for co2 and ferts. Not saying its a must, every tank is different. But that's just what is going well for me.

18. OP
    OP
    R

thanks it's a 17 watt t8

19. marine590622

marine590622Well Known MemberMember

Yes,
    Yes,
    yes,
    and I don't know on the bacopa

20. OP
    OP
    R

thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice