Aqueon Pro Heater Factory Settings?

all-out-fallout

Does anyone here know what the Aqueon Pro’s factory-Set temperature was? Someone told me to buy the pro and, before putting it in the water for the first time, adjust it to my desired temperature. I did that and then read the directions (I know, I know) and realize the directions say something different. It wanted me to run the heater at factory settings for twenty four hours before adjusting.

Does anyone know what the dial was pointing to originally, or did I just screw up my heater right after unboxing it?

bgclarke

With mine I took it out of the package, placed it in the tank for half an hour.

After half an hour set the desired temperature and plugged it in.

My guess would be the dial is set to 78 by default.
I had to raise it for my betta tanks and lower it for shrimp/endlers tank.

all-out-fallout

With mine I took it out of the package, placed it in the tank for half an hour.

After half an hour set the desired temperature and plugged it in.

My guess would be the dial is set to 78 by default.
I had to raise it for my betta tanks and lower it for shrimp/endlers tank.

I realized I could just call customer service (today hasn’t been my most lucid day...), and you were spot on. 78. Thanks for the help.

bitseriously

* Realize that I too have never read the manual for the aqueon pro heater I own.
* Races to Google, downloads instruction manual for aqueon pro heater.
* tentative sigh of relief.
I think you misread or misunderstood the instructions. The first step is to set the dial at the desired temperature. Step 5, I think, refers to not adjusting the setting until the heater has been running for 24 hours, i.e. giving the tank sufficient time to reach the desired or set temperature before fiddling with knob if actual temperature is not perfect.

cadd

I have 4 of these heaters. I don't think there's a factory/default setting. Just stick it in the tank (unplugged). Wait half an hour, set it to the temp you want, plug it in. Then check with a thermometer to see how accurate the heater is. If it isn't accurate, then don't go by the numbers printed on the heater. Just keep adjusting the heater to your desired temperature (from an accurate external thermometer).

Similar Aquarium Threads

• leftswerve
  • Heater
Replies
Views
scottishduck
  • Question
  • BlackTiger
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Dunk2