aqueon pro 150 vs eheim jäger 150

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by fengshui, Aug 5, 2014.

1. fengshui

fengshui Valued Member Member

Hi all, I'd like to know which is best for a 29 gallon cichlid tank. I care about performance, quality and customer service. So which is best and by the way, is 150 watts enough wattage for good stability and control

2. d

dakota Valued Member Member

Also look at Fluval heaters they are excellant and well built and preform well Thanks

Clean Water = Happy Healthy Fish

3. OP
    OP
    fengshui

well based on my research, fluval seems to have bad customer service and some are failty

Would it be ok for me to use a 250 watt instead?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  4. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

I love the Aqueon Pro heaters they are great, sturdy, and I love the indicator LED's to notify if you the heater is on and if it's actively heating. 150 watts should be fine for a 29 gallon. You could step up to the 250 watt, but it is not needed and a bit of overkill. It would still work though.

5. OP
    OP
    fengshui

Well the 250 watt on amazon is only $3 more expensive which is a great deal in my opinion

6. d

Please let me know where you found bad research on Fluval heaters that is interesting. They build quality products. They are a little more expensive than others but you get what you pay for. The price turns some people off. They also have an indicator light when on. The 5 LFS I go to say they are the number 1 heater they sell. Very interesting. Thanks

7. Marie1

Marie1 Well Known Member Member

Using a larger heater can lead to big problems if it fails and stays on. Granted, even if a heater that is rated for your tank fails and stays on it may kill the fish, but you may get lucky and catch it before it is too hot. There is really no reason to go bigger with heaters.

Of the ones you have listed, I have only used the Jager. Never had a problem with them.

A 100 or 125 watt Jager is what you will need in my opinion. Not sure about the others.

8. OP
    OP
    fengshui

Now my title is fluval e 200 vs eheim jäger 150. Please continue

9. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Fengshui, a quick search of the forum would provide you with a great consensus on all brand names heaters. So far, great recommendations on both the Aqueon Pro's and Fluvals.

10. OP
    OP
    fengshui

Rooting for the fluval right now but I'm hearing that it's not possible to find out if it's working or not since there's no led indicstor

11. d

fengshui; Go to Fluvals web site and it says that all the M series heaters have a blue lite to tell you when they are on-off. Info for you Thanks

12. OP
    OP
    fengshui

I was talking about the e series

13. slade

slade Valued Member Member

Eheim 150.

14. J

Joshstevens7 New Member Member

im getting a curved front 46 tank. already have the fluval canister ordered. looking for heater now. i have read high marks on the Eheim Jager TruTemp heater and also the Aqueon Pro. thinking the 150w would be plenty enough for a 46 gallon tank. what are your thoughts? thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice