Aqueon Power 30

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have bought three Aqueon deluxe kits over the past few months and I must say the filters included are worth half the cost.

Power 30 & 10 are both extremely quiet, so much so that you almost have to be sitting next to it to hear anything at all if you fill your tank to the bottom of it(gets kinda loud during lower water levels/changes). My tanks are CRYSTAL clear in the 10 and 38 community which is overstocked.

I have had 3 running constantly for 3 months and they must use almost zero electricity since my bill is still in the normal range, and haven't had an issue mechanically yet.

The 30 is rated 200gph and the 10's 100gph, both of which I believe(but have not tested) are true even traveling through the filter cartridge. Speaking of which are simple and a lot less hassle(although not as versatile) as a filter with loose media.

As far as price....can't beat it. I priced mine on Petco's website:
10-$13.59(for 5-20 gallon 100gph)
20-$19.97(for 20-30 125gph)
30-$23.97(for 30-45 200gph)
55-$39.97(for 45-60 325gph)

Also as I post this(6/17/10 if you don't feel like looking up top ) they are giving a 3 pack of filter cartridges with it, as well as one that comes with it.

In my opinion, for a HOB filter, you can't go wrong with these.

konstargirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like my aqueon power 10. Everytime I do a water change it makes my tank crystal cleare the next day and my tank is always overstocked( because of the bunch of fry).

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just visited Petco today and they had mail in rebate coupons in the store for another $5 off the 10 and 20 and $10 off the 30 and 55.......that means $30 for a 325 gph filter

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads