Aqueon Mini Bow Filter Good Or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have a 5.5 gal tank and im wondering if the aqueon mini bow filter is good for that tank size cause it came in the starter kit and it doesn’t seem to do so good. Any thoughts.

Also is the aqueon mini heater good for the 5.5 gal

Reeferxbetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I guess it depends on what you're planning to keep in there. If the filter is kinda eh just go on amazon and search for something like "5 gallon aquarium filter" you should get some good results, shop around, find one with decent reviews, and replace it if you'd like. If you just want a betta for the tank, I'd keep the current filter, bettas produce a very low bioload and don't need any crazy filtration capacity. I use the tetra whisper 3i in one section of a divided tank, it is ok, I wouldn't necessarily "recommend" it, but some people really like it. Another option may be a sponge filter, they're cheap, and pretty simple, I got a few off of amazon for like $4 each.

tokiodreamy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
In my 5 and 5.5g I bought the finnex pf-5 mini HOB filters. They're great for tanks of smaller sizes under a 10g. The flow is also controllable for more sensitive fish like betta and shrimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom