Aqueon Gravel Vacuum Opinions?

Whitelightning

I just got the Aqueon Gravel Vacuum Mini... When I put the vacuum down onto the gravel, one or two rocks will slowly float up instead of being aggressively blended like I've seen in the videos. As a result, my rocks still have a lot of debris on them. Maybe I'm not doing it right. Has anyone else had this issue? Those of you who have the Aqueon Gravel Vacuum, do you like it? Thanks!

marmaaa

Whitelightning said:
I just got the Aqueon Gravel Vacuum Mini... When I put the vacuum down onto the gravel, one or two rocks will slowly float up instead of being aggressively blended like I've seen in the videos. As a result, my rocks still have a lot of debris on them. Maybe I'm not doing it right. Has anyone else had this issue? Those of you who have the Aqueon Gravel Vacuum, do you like it? Thanks!
Is the end of the hose all the way to the bottom? Usually if the end of the hose is deeper into the bucket it sucks up better.

Betta'sAnonymous

I have 2 of them actually, the mini and a step or two bigger. Watch this video, should help you out!

Whitelightning

marmaaa said:
Is the end of the hose all the way to the bottom? Usually if the end of the hose is deeper into the bucket it sucks up better.
Thank you for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it! The hose is kind of long, so it coils around on the bottom (it's not crimped though) of the bowl. (I use a pretty large bowl instead of a bucket, because my parents would not be too pleased or understand if I were to say I needed a bucket to clean my fish tank).
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I have 2 of them actually, the mini and a step or two bigger. Watch this video, should help you out!

Ayyyyy, I watched that video before! Thanks for providing it though, I greatly appreciate it!

marmaaa

Whitelightning said:
Thank you for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it! The hose is kind of long, so it coils around on the bottom (it's not crimped though) of the bowl. (I use a pretty large bowl instead of a bucket, because my parents would not be too pleased or understand if I were to say I needed a bucket to clean my fish tank).

Ayyyyy, I watched that video before! Thanks for providing it though, I greatly appreciate it!
How high is the tank from the bowl?

Whitelightning

marmaaa said:
How high is the tank from the bowl?
The bowl is on the ground, I am 5 ft. 6 in. and the top of the tank is just below my breast/reaches my stomach area if that gives you an idea?

marmaaa

Whitelightning said:
The bowl is on the ground, I am 5 ft. 6 in. and the top of the tank is just below my breast/reaches my stomach area if that gives you an idea?
Ah okay, I am about the same just a i bit taller. Also I just realized that when I have a slower flow I can pick more debris up when I push it into the gravel. I know I said before try putting your hose in deeper but maybe you should try putting it higher?

Whitelightning

marmaaa said:
Ah okay, I am about the same just a i bit taller. Also I just realized that when I have a slower flow I can pick more debris up when I push it into the gravel. I know I said before try putting your hose in deeper but maybe you should try putting it higher?
Interesting, thanks for the feedback! I'll try that if I can-- the only reason I coil it around in the bottom of the bowl is so that there is an equal amount of weight so one side doesn't tip over. Thanks!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom