Aqueon clean and fill system review

cheesepuff

Once again I have made a video review for your viewing pleasure.

The materials are made of subpar plastic that are easy and prone to cracking and/or fracturing. Upon its first use, the entire system was completely rendered inert due to a gasket getting dislodged and stuck in the middle of the system.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Aquarist

Thank you for the great review.

The bar of soap on the sink has me a bit concerned as water was splashing onto it and running into the sink. Eeek!

Ken

cheesepuff

I can assure you no soap ever gets into my tanks =)

That's for me when I clean the poop bag from my battery powered gravel vac for daily poop cleaning

cheesepuff

Aquarist said:
The bar of soap on the sink has me a bit concerned as water was splashing onto it and running into the sink. Eeek!

Ken
oh, and I forgot to mention, the failsafe method with the electric pump,

I have water go directly into a bucket designated for the fish. I would never trust water mixing with whatever is on that sink.

cheesepuff

Just as an update, I am getting a replacement of the entire system today. So I'm giving it one more chance. I will update soon after I've tested it a few times. If it doesn't work well, I'm going to ditch it and go with Python

cheesepuff

So today was my weekly cleaning day. I tested out the replacement system. There were some signs of very little leakage, but nothing I would consider abnormal. I still have a hard time recommending this over something like the ones that python makes, simply because there must be a quality control issue. That being said, this new replacement does seem to be doing okay thus far. I'm not sure if it'll stand the test of time, but for the price it might be worth the gamble. It all depends on how you look at it.

cheesepuff

Update as of today

Replacement unit has broke today. The plastic used to connect everything at the facet is far too prone to braking.

I would NOT recommend this product.

Latest threads

Top Bottom