Aqueon (all Glass) Pine Stands

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by zcpetty, Apr 20, 2018.

1. zcpettyWell Known MemberMember

So i got my used 55, and am leak testing in the garage for the next 24 hours or more. The pine stand it came with seems sturdy! Looks not sturdy but feels sturdy. Anyone have any experience with them? I assumed the raised wood on each end is to hold the tank in place?? Yes? Or build error?

Image1524279313.712078.jpgImage1524279336.918319.jpgImage1524279375.147147.jpg

2. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

The rim sits on the outside and th raised inner pieces keep it from sliding off. How it would slide once full I don't know. My stand is very similar.

3. zcpettyWell Known MemberMember

It just seems very light and thin to support the weight but i guess if particle board can do it so can this. Lol

4. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I've had the same stand since 2012. It's been fine.

5. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

My top boards are a little different but other than that it look very similar and my holds a 75 gallon tank. Lol. My tv sits on a sturdier stand and its just a flat screen. Lol

6. zcpettyWell Known MemberMember

Mines only two years used so thats reassuring!

7. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I got the 55 used in 2012. Not sure how old it was when I got it. It's been solid and haven't had a problem. The wood doesn't swell if it gets wet like particle board does.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice