Aqueon 50 watt Heater?

Ashley Jones

I'm looking into 50 watt heaters for my ten gallon tropical setup. Is the Aqueon submersible heater a good choice? It seems to have a lot of mixed reviews (as do most heaters). I'm worried about it malfunctioning or the glass cracking. Any other good options like Eheim?

Toothless17

I have a 50w Aqueon heater in my 5.5 g QT. It’s ok in there. But in my 10g I have a 50w Eheim. Eheim also in my 20g.

Ashley Jones

I have a 50w Aqueon heater in my 5.5 g QT. It’s ok in there. But in my 10g I have a 50w Eheim. Eheim also in my 20g.
Thanks. I'll consider the Eheim for sure then. Good to know from people with experience!

Toothless17

Well, I’m not fully experienced, only been in this hobby for 3 years. But I have had issues with other heaters not maintaining a consistent temp & then one of the heaters actually overheated & killed my poor betta. After that I went to my LFS & asked them what they had in all their tanks & the answer was Eheims. They are a bit more $ but IMO worth it. It’s been a year now with them & no issues. The nice thing about them is you can calibrate them also.

juniperlea

I have Marineland and Aqueon and lots of problems in Oct/Nov and Mar/Apr. My indoor temp fluctuates 3 to 5 degrees during those periods and that affects the water temp.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
peachsonas
  • Question
Replies
Views
NewAtFishKeeping
  • Kfrussell
  • Heater
Replies
Views