Aqueon 40 Breeder Glass Canopy?

Books&Fish
Does anyone have the Aqueon 40 breeder tank (36L x 18W x 16H)? Mine doesn't have the center brace and I can't find a glass canopy at a legit site to order. I searched Aqueon's website and they offered no search results.

I found jet.com but they have terrible reviews.
I found gotpetsupplies.com but I'm not sure if they're legit. I can't find anything about them.
The marineland brand won't fit.

I need a canopy to keep little fingers from putting random objects in the water, so I need to be able to secure it.

Auroraspet
Deep Blue Glass Canopy 48 X 18 789416348189

Oops that's the 48" one. Give me a min

Katie13
Aqueon Versa-Tops. I'm trying to get a link.

Auroraspet
Deep Blue Glass Canopy 36 X 18 789416336186 <-- UPC code

Books&Fish
I tried getting an Aqueon Versa-Top on DrsFosterandSmith before the free shipping is over tonight, but they only have the divided ones. I don't have the center brace.

Deep Blue Glass Canopy 36 X 18 789416336186 <-- UPC code
Where did you order it from? I searched and found a few sellers, but I've never heard of any of them.

Auroraspet
Hmm I am not positive if one I posted has brace.

EDIT: It looks like it doesn't need center brace. But could contact Deep Blue and check with them. Plus they will list distributors/shops for you.

Katie13
I'm pretty sure that link failed.

Books&Fish
They don't have the 36 x 18 one piece. The two piece requires the brace that I don't have.

Auroraspet
I got it from my distributor honestly. Ill see what websites carry it.

Just double check with which one you use that its the single piece not dual.

EDIT: oh ya and thepetplace good one I think to.

Books&Fish
This one will fit! It's not in stock. And it requires the center brace (found it on Amazon).

Auroraspet
Temporary you could use a tote lid that's about similar size and tape it down. I'm doing that myself until get another canopy myself.

Katie13
This one will fit! It's not in stock. And it requires the center brace (found it on Amazon).
I'll keep looking.

Books&Fish
I googled the Marineland one. Found one here on ebay: It really should fit since in their description if I choose the breeder, the lid is designed for tanks without the center brace.

Thanks a bunch! I'll update if it doesn't fit.

Auroraspet
Hope one of these works for you

Katie13
Aqueon Versa Top also has one specifically for the 40 gallon breeder.

Books&Fish
Aqueon Versa Top also has one specifically for the 40 gallon breeder.
Yeah, but now it requires the center brace. I should've bought the 40 long. Haha. Either the tank is hard to find or the lid. I just can't win. I ordered the ebay one. It seems insane to pay $66 for a split sheet of glass, but I checked on DrsFoster for just the 'replacement' plastic pieces to make my own lid, and those pieces of plastic were $25! I'll suck it up and pay the $66.

AngelTheGypsy
I had the same problem. The ONLY place I found one was in store only (not available online) at petco. But if they didn't have it in stock they wouldn't order it so I had to go to a couple different ones.

Auroraspet
looks one piece and $9 cheaper and has free shipping from amazon. Cheapest I could find. But shows box so not sure if two piece or not would need message them.

I personally hate Ebay but wish you luck with it

Piaelliott
I had the same problem. The ONLY place I found one was in store only (not available online) at petco. But if they didn't have it in stock they wouldn't order it so I had to go to a couple different ones.
Same here. I read somewhere they don't ship them anymore because they break. I bought mine at Petco as well. Pet Supply Plus only carries them for 29 gal but maybe they could order one for you if there is no Petco where you live.

Auroraspet
Ya most sites and distributors do not like to ship UPS or FedEx. Also FedEx and couple others refuse or balk when trying to ship tanks. My distributor stopped shipping tanks due to 75% of them would turn up broken. Canopy's not as bad but still glass.

Katie13
If you hadn't found one, I like to adhere a strip of plastic to fake a center brace to support it. It takes the hassle out of everything and can easily blend in.

Books&Fish
I finally got it (well 3 days ago). I ordered the one off ebay, and it arrived in ThatPetPlace packaging and packing slip. The ebay seller has a contract with them and it's drop shipped directly from TPP. Anyway, it does fit! They were sold out when I ordered mine, new stock came the next day, and then there was a delay on their end. They apologized. I'm just glad I got one and it fits.

ounderfla69
I finally got it (well 3 days ago). I ordered the one off ebay, and it arrived in ThatPetPlace packaging and packing slip. The ebay seller has a contract with them and it's drop shipped directly from TPP. Anyway, it does fit! They were sold out when I ordered mine, new stock came the next day, and then there was a delay on their end. They apologized. I'm just glad I got one and it fits.

Is that the Marineland or Aqueon? ?I got an Aqueon from petco. I bought my tank from Petsmart but they don't sell lids for a 40G breeder.

Books&Fish
The tank is an Aqueon from Petsmart. The lid is a Marineland Perfecto.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Pernell73
Replies
Views
Books&Fish
Replies
Views
Jayda97
Replies
Views