Aqueon 200w Heater

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by THE HABITAT, Aug 3, 2017.

1. THE HABITAT

THE HABITAT Well Known Member Member

I bought a 55 gallon kit from Petco a little while back. Tank Light hoods Heater and a few other items. Recently i've noticed some paint chipped on my heater. Has anyone else had an issue with their Aqueon heaters. Can anyone give me a good suggestion for a reasonably priced adjustable heater. As i was looking to upgrade it eventually anyways...Thanks!!

2. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Look up eheim j├Ąger they are the best as far as reasonable price and quality goes, i also have a aquel easy therm that looks like a cobolt, good heaters. Then i have a marina 300watt in my 55g its made by hagen and its my least favourite, temp fluctuates, sand can get deep in the dial and it looks corroded and ancient in less than a year, i have a 50watt Chinese copy in my fry tank and i think thats got more of a trusty feel about it. I must replace that heater in my 55.

3. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

I second the eheim jager. Very reasonably priced. I bought a used tank a little while ago that came with a top fin heater that had condensation building up inside. Thank goodness top fin has a lifetime warranty on their products so I brought it back to petsmart and exchanged it for the jager. Keeps the tank within a degree or less of where I set it.

I also have a hydor on my 20 and no complaints about that either.

4. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

Thanks for the replies...like everything else ...I've seen good and bad reviews...should I do a 300w for my 55 seeing it is adjustable and if and when I get a bigger tank it will be able to handle it...also did anyone get their eheim from petco/petsmart or did they have to be ordered online...thanks for the continued responses !!

5. Bettanewb

I got mine from petsmart didn't have to order it

6. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

Cool thanks gonna go there after work...what size tank do u have and what size heater did u get

7. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

I read a 150w would b good for my 55 but may get a 200w just for the sake of it running a lil less

8. Bettanewb

I have a 200 watt on a 36 bowfront but my house is cold year round my husbands a polar bear ;) so I don't want my heaters working overtime.

Good rule of thumb typically is 5 watts per gallon.

9. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

I run Aqueon heaters in all my tanks no problems. Using a 250w in my 55. Contact Aqueon, Good customer service.I had an issue with missing clips and they answered within a day. Ready to send out a new heater, but just needed the clips.

10. KO_

KO_ Valued Member Member

I switched to an Eheim 200w for my 55g. I would not suggest a 300w for a 55g, its unnecessary. I have an adjustable 300W Aqueon in my 55, I could not get it below 80 degrees, I still hold onto it if I need to get the water warm for an ICH outbreak. I would suggest Eheim if you can but Aqueons arnt bad. You will probably pay more for an Aqueon but I think Eheim is better quality.

11. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

Sounds good hopefully they have a 200 in stock when I go later

12. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

I have an Aqueon 50 in my 10 gallon and seems to be doing a great job so far with 3 guppies a couple fry n some live plants :)

13. Nart

Nart Well Known Member Member

Colbalt Neo-therm heater hands down. They've since addressed the faulty heating issue a few years ago. Stable, accurate, reliable.

14. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

Went with the Eheim Jager 200w...and while i was there they had one lonely panda cory so i thought it would be a good idea to bring him home to hopefully tag along with my 4 other pepper corys:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice