Aqueon 20 Hob Filter Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Mike1995, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Mike1995

Mike1995Well Known MemberMember

i just got a 20g long the other day to start a new planted tank. But I got one of those aqueon quiet flow 20 hobs. Is this an okay filter? Also what would be a good 30" light for plants that won't break the bank? :)

I'm thinking about Scarlett badis for this tank. Would they be good tank mates with pygmy corys? I have a few pygmys in with my betta and they are always active. So fun to watch them.

2. Sanderguy777

Sanderguy777Valued MemberMember

The filter should be fine. I would look up Aquarium co-op's filter videos. Cory goes into detail on how to keep them up and how to improve them.

The light can be anything that outputs light. If you see a 30 inch light at Home Depot or Lowe's it'll work fine. Or if you like the hanging spotlight effect, that would work too.

3. jennlovie

jennlovieNew MemberMember

i have an aqueon 30 on my 20 long and i have never had issues with it, i love mine.
    look at how much replacement bulbs are when light shopping, it will come in handy in the future! i just use the aqueon 30 inch strip light with a daylight bulb, i dont know have live plants though. they have bulbs specifically for plants and they are not too expensive and easy to find.

4. OP
    OP
    Mike1995

Mike1995Well Known MemberMember

i actually do watch his videos like everyday :p
    i was just making sure i didn't buy a piece if junk haha. Thank you!

5. Sanderguy777

Me too. Lol

Not the best on the market, but one of the best priced quality ones

6. Sanderguy777

Me too. Lol

Not the best on the market, but one of the best priced quality ones.