Aqueon 150W heater troubleshooting help?

KevinDrums

just got a 150w aqueon Heater for my 29 gallon.. I plopped it in and suction cupped it to the glass. plugged it in, and well... I was disappointed. still am.. a red light came on for about 10 seconds, then the light shut off.. if I unplug it, and plug it back in, the light comes on for like 2 seconds then shuts off again.. I set the heater to 78 before I put it in.. my 29 gallons temp is sitting at about 72.. once I saw the light wasn't staying on, I pulled it out and put it back in the box for return.. but now I'm second guessing on returning it.. I have a feeling I didnt set this up properly somehow.. I do know it was fully submerged, set to 78, and there was no visible damage prior to putting it in.. what did I miss?? any experts here?

also, I did not plug it in before I added it to the tank. I put it in the tank then plugged it in.. it hasnt ran dry for even a second

BobbyGregg

return sometimes things are faulty and some one at the store could of picked it up and dropped it, just return get new one be safe

KevinDrums

seems like the best option.. there are no fishes in there currently, however I still don't want a heater blowing up!

BobbyGregg

no I heard bad stories of heaters over heating, I check my tank temp all the time twice a day for sure during feeding, My biggest fear is cooked fishie

KevinDrums

ended up getting an ehiem jager. best decision ever

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cichlidude
  • FiscCyning
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
  • ForceTen