Aqueon 100w preset heater in 5 gal?

zcpetty

So I'm looking at 5 gallon tanks.. I have a spare preset aqueon heater that is 100w.. is this too much? Its the fully submersible small sized one.

Meep fish88

That is WAY to big. You need a 25 watt heater.

zcpetty

That is WAY to big. You need a 25 watt heater.

What about the same thing in 50? Its very small. I have that too lol.

Junne

What is the ambient temps of your room versus the heat you want the tank at? Either one will work and will not harm anything - if anything its overkill but it shouldn't turn on unless the temps get below 78 on the preset. Do you have a thermometer to measure the temps for accuracy?

If you are going to buy one, its best to get one that is adjustable in case you need it someday ( in the case of ich, etc )

zcpetty

What is the ambient temps of your room versus the heat you want the tank at? Either one will work and will not harm anything - if anything its overkill but it shouldn't turn on unless the temps get below 78 on the preset. Do you have a thermometer to measure the temps for accuracy?

If you are going to buy one, its best to get one that is adjustable in case you need it someday ( in the case of ich, etc )

Lol it used to be in my 20long. During summer its upstairs and stays warm. Winter gets cold. Had to upgrade to an adjustable $50 heater for the 20 because the 50 only heated half the tank. I keep it at 78. I want the 5 at 76ish

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Zonotrichia
  • Heater
Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
andy305mia
  • foresthall
  • Heater