AquaTop Titanium Heater. Heater Burn - How Likely Is It?

FishGirl38

Hi all,
Recently bought an AquaTop 400W titanium aquarium heater for my 90G Oscar tank.

I typically choose marina heaters, but went with the aquatop titanium because he broke his last glass marina (ran into it after a feeding fit).

So, if he were to be destructive again, and mess with this heater for any reason - would it harm him? Do these metal heaters heat up on the surface considerably? Do you-all recommend titanium over glass? Are they recommended for use in a sump and did I miss the memo (lol..).

I'm real excited to have one - but have some apprehension about using it...
I feel like a caveman looking at fire - There is a part of me that is saying...'Don't put that metal rod into the tank full of water and plug it in'.

I know, I know, I'm sure the heater works a bit more complex than this, but someone ease my mind please. lol.

richiep

Its a wise move i have two titanium in my Oscar tank and if I hadn't they would be fried by now , they think its a game to get them off the glass

FishGirl38

Alright, I'm really happy with it honestly. I like the temperature control module that comes with it - and I like how sturdy it is.

I was just worried because I've never used a metal heater before, I've only ever had glass - so, it was just a little nerve racking at first but, my worries are eased now. :). My oscar isn't sulking in 74 degrees anymore - he's back at his happy 80.

They're so funny when they pout.

richiep

Its much safer for the fish and more so you putting your hand in water with cracked glass

Top Bottom