Aquatop Cf300

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can anyone tell me if aquatop cf300 is a good filter. I am looking at picking one up off a site for 50$ is that a fare price. Thx in advance for any input.

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They are part of a family of clones (or re-branded canisters) from the SunSun brand of filters.

Another SunSun clone is the (link) brand on Amazon.

$50 would seem to be a fair price in my opinion.

On Amazon, sometimes those brands of canisters are sold for $5-$20 less when the have the "with no media included" option.

That way, you can use your preferred brand of media instead of their plastic bio-balls.

Also, Amazon has generic packages for the layers of foam sponge and filter floss that are pre-cut to fit all the SunSun's and clone brands. Some offer 1 of each layer, while others have a dozen or more, usually all for very decent prices.

I have been looking at the SunSun 704b myself, so I have read up on them .

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok thx I thought so it looks a lot like the sun sun and it comes with all the media put I have all the media from the filter I am replacing it is full. It also has a uv light I think do you know how to use that

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So do I need to turn it one like once a week for a couple hours or daily

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have seen users report on YouTube and other sites, that there is a chance after prolonged and continuous UV light use in the SunSun's, it starts to degrade part of the plastic media trays.

So users were either running it only on the weekend or for only 4-6 hours a day to prevent that from occurring.

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Here is a review of the All Ponds Solutions 1000EF canister ( aka Aquatop CF300 or SunSun 302). In this video by Richard from his UK "Pondguru" YouTube channel, he sets up the non-UV version. Otherwise it should be virtually identical to the one you're looking at.....

Please keep in mind Richard the host owns the "Bio-Home" company that produces the line of biological media and he sells bulk sheets of pond foam sponge. So of course in all his videos he loads up the filters with what he sells. I still like watching his videos (even though they are part sales pitch) because they are still very informative.

Toward the end he advises it is a well built filter and holds a lot of media for its size and price. When he doesnt like a product or the way its constructed, he definitely let's the views know (he really hammers an Eheim Pro+4 canister in one video, ha).

Let us know what you get and how you like it.

I am always looking at other people's opinions and user experience for different models of equipment, in case I come across a great deal that I cant pass up!

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Islandvic said:
Here is a review of the All Ponds Solutions 1000EF canister ( aka Aquatop CF300 or SunSun 302). In this video by Richard from his UK "Pondguru" YouTube channel, he sets up the non-UV version. Otherwise it should be virtually identical to the one you're looking at.....

Please keep in mind Richard the host owns the "Bio-Home" company that produces the line of biological media and he sells bulk sheets of pond foam sponge. So of course in all his videos he loads up the filters with what he sells. I still like watching his videos (even though they are part sales pitch) because they are still very informative.

Toward the end he advises it is a well built filter and holds a lot of media for its size and price. When he doesnt like a product or the way its constructed, he definitely let's the views know (he really hammers an Eheim Pro+4 canister in one video, ha).

Let us know what you get and how you like it.

I am always looking at other people's opinions and user experience for different models of equipment, in case I come across a great deal that I cant pass up!
Thanks for the info I found it informative I will let you know how I make out and what I think after I get it and set it up..

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So up date I finally found a aquatop cf300 picked it up today. Did a cleaning and run/leak test everything went good runs silently and no leaks.
So my question now is this filter has way larger baskets then the fluval 204 I will be replacing with this one so I’m putting all the bio rings from 204 from 2 baskets in one basket the extra basket now I can use lava rock rubble in it as bio media.

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So my first review if aquatop cf300 I have got it set up and running it is quiet and was very easy to set up and water flow is good. very impressed with size of 3 large baskets can hold a lot of biological media I had put all biological media from 204 fluvel in one basket and the other I used about 1.5 lbs of lava rock and bottom one has my sponges. The only thing I had trouble with was the primer button was hard to get a siphon started but I realized after that might have been my fault I left the hoses to long. Have shortened them now and seems to have better flow and runs smoother. Will up date any more info and will post another review after first cleaning.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom