Aquatic

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by lovemyfish1, Jul 11, 2015.

1. l

lovemyfish1 New Member Member

guys I have 20 gallon aquarium. I have only one fish in it. I have fluval c3 filter,a sponge filter in it.and one air stone. Here is whether is hot .its 82 f in aquarium so thinking about tropical fish.I saw molly ,platy ,and angel fish. I want angel fish short ones (4). I will get bigger aquarium but will I buy only angelfish or another fish .also give me advice on how to make beautiful. I want to add live plants .also here water quality is not good I mean its build up minerals on aquarium how to remove it OK Thank you

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    The tank is too small for angels and mollies.
    What type of fish do you have in there?

3. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Agreed, you need at least 30 gallons for mollies and a 40 Breeder for angelfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!! Good to have you here! :)

Yes, it's best if you can get at least a 30g for mollies (even though I'm planning on getting a balloon molly for my 20g; I'm quite the hypocrite ;) ) and a 40g (I suppose) for angels. The platies would be fine though. :)

Are you planning to upgrade?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  5. Anders247

Balloon mollies are smaller, they'd be fine in a 20..... but I don't encourage getting them because they are bred to have a deformed spine. It shortens their lifespan.
    What? lol

6. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

*Facepalm* I don't know how that happened......... *sigh*

7. Anders247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice