Aquatic

lovemyfish1

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
guys I have 20 gallon aquarium. I have only one fish in it. I have fluval c3 filter,a sponge filter in it.and one air stone. Here is whether is hot .its 82 f in aquarium so thinking about tropical fish.I saw molly ,platy ,and angel fish. I want angel fish short ones (4). I will get bigger aquarium but will I buy only angelfish or another fish .also give me advice on how to make beautiful. I want to add live plants .also here water quality is not good I mean its build up minerals on aquarium how to remove it OK Thank you

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to fishlore!
The tank is too small for angels and mollies.
What type of fish do you have in there?

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome to Fishlore! Agreed, you need at least 30 gallons for mollies and a 40 Breeder for angelfish.

BornThisWayBettas

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome to Fish Lore!!!! Good to have you here!

Yes, it's best if you can get at least a 30g for mollies (even though I'm planning on getting a balloon molly for my 20g; I'm quite the hypocrite ) and a 40g (I suppose) for angels. The platies would be fine though.

Are you planning to upgrade?

Last edited:

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, it's best if you can get at least a 30g for mollies (even though I'm planning on getting a balloon molly for my 20g; I'm quite the hypocrite )
Balloon mollies are smaller, they'd be fine in a 20..... but I don't encourage getting them because they are bred to have a deformed spine. It shortens their lifespan.
What? lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom