aquatic plants that resemble mondo grass?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by monkeypie102, Dec 27, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

A few months ago I bought 2 mondo grass plants from petsmart... well they are melting and after some googling i found out they are semi-aquatic not fully so now i need to replace them... only isusuee is I really like the look in my take. Is there an aquaticplantthat can reach the sae hight and have the same look?

2. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Possibly Blyxa japonica or aubertii?

3. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Have you considered dwarf sags?

4. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Already have some :) they are growing quite well but they aren't very tall... edit: dwarf sag I mean...

Oh i have a fake plant that look like blyxa aubertii didn't know what it was called... I really like the look of it... I know it says medium lighting but would it work in low light?

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Hairgrass and Corkscrew Vals are nice. Neither look a lot like Mondo but they are fun plants. I have mondo growing in my yard ;D.

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

I was thinking of adding it to my crested geckos tank now that I have a fogger to help keep the tank humid :)

I was thinking of getting jungle VAL anyways just because I like its look as well and my background has a few empty spots that I think need filled :)

7. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I have Blyxa japonica in my 10g with 2 13watts CFL and they are doing great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice