Aquatic Experience Nj - Page 2

DarkOne

shutterbug13 said:
I don't really have a preference, whatever is easier for you. Thank you so much!
Ok. Anacharis is from my shrimp tank. I didn't realize how much they grew. There's 3 stems about 18" long with many offshoots. I cut off most of the roots (they grow back easily and not really needed for this plant). I also bagged about 6 new runners from my vals and also pulled a small corkscrew val.

Do you need any DIY root tabs?

Any other takers? I really don't want to bag extras if I don't have to.

Jocelyn Adelman

fishlover001 seagrest had some fish there for sale, also can do orders

DarkOne

Java moss anyone? I also have a 6L container full of java moss. (20g tall for size)

shutterbug13

DarkOne said:
Ok. Anacharis is from my shrimp tank. I didn't realize how much they grew. There's 3 stems about 18" long with many offshoots. I cut off most of the roots (they grow back easily and not really needed for this plant). I also bagged about 6 new runners from my vals and also pulled a small corkscrew val.

Do you need any DIY root tabs?

Any other takers? I really don't want to bag extras if I don't have to.
I have plenty of root tabs already. Thanks for the offer though!

coralbandit

Teetering on heading down to meet fish people from here . Hate to say I am not super interested in what the industry offers although I would certainly enjoy seeing some stuff,and chasing down a couple specific breeders/suppliers I know will be there .
Got a lot to do before I can start my 3 hour drive but would like to meet the people from here that are going mostly ...
Dave125g it will never be closer is how I see it ?

Dave125g

coralbandit said:
Teetering on heading down to meet fish people from here . Hate to say I am not super interested in what the industry offers although I would certainly enjoy seeing some stuff,and chasing down a couple specific breeders/suppliers I know will be there .
Got a lot to do before I can start my 3 hour drive but would like to meet the people from here that are going mostly ...
Dave125g it will never be closer is how I see it ?
Your probably right, but my schedule just doesn't allow me to be spending 10 hours to shop for fish. 6 hours of that is just driving, which I wouldn't mind.

DioAquatics

DarkOne ill take some anacharis and java moss. I’d prefer the one with limpets. It’s going to be going into my puffer tank so I’m sure they’d enjoy the snack lol. Also what kind of crinum do you have?

coralbandit I hope you go. It’s gonna be awesome just being around people who are into the hobby like we are.

coralbandit

Leaving shortly.
I will be wearing a SWISS TROPICAL T shirt....
If any of you see me say hI !
I'll be looking around front door at 12 if I can get there by then.

Ohio Mark

I'm green with envy, you guy!

DioAquatics

coralbandit said:
Leaving shortly.
I will be wearing a SWISS TROPICAL T shirt....
If any of you see me say hI !
I'll be looking around front door at 12 if I can get there by then.
See you there! I’ll be leaving at around 10:45

shutterbug13

I just arrived! See you guys at noon!

Pescado_Verde

Pics or it didn't happen!

DioAquatics

Heading over now

DarkOne

KingD said:
DarkOne ill take some anacharis and java moss. I’d prefer the one with limpets. It’s going to be going into my puffer tank so I’m sure they’d enjoy the snack lol. Also what kind of crinum do you have?
I'll bag some now.

It's a Crinum Calamistratum or African Onion Plant as sold by PetCo.

DioAquatics

DarkOne said:
I'll bag some now.

It's a Crinum Calamistratum or African Onion Plant as sold by PetCo.
Awesome thanks! I just got here. Making my way to the front entrance now

goldface

Has this become a group text now? I wish I was there and not here, working.

Ohio Mark I think there’s another fish convention in middle of November in Ohio. I forgot what it’s called.

shutterbug13

I’m waiting by the doors (I’m wearing a turquoise plaid shirt if that helps identify me)

Ohio Mark

scarface said:
Has this become a group text now? I wish I was there and not here, working.

Ohio Mark I think there’s another fish convention in middle of November in Ohio. I forgot what it’s called.
Same here, Scarface. In Ohio?! Oh, that would be great!

GuppyGuy007

Part of my haul from today. Also got clown killifish, but they look like ghosts in the bag. The one guy had all shrimp, caridinia and neos for $2

goldface

Show ‘em if you got ‘em.

HairyCatFish

Just got back. This is my haul. I bought a 2.5 gallon aquscaped nano cube and some cherry shrimp. A TDS meter and a small sponge pre filter for an HOB intake tube.
Setting up the nano cube so waters a little cloudy now.

GuppyGuy007

Awesome!! I wanted one of those but didn't buy one.

wrs2

I wish I could go! It’s only 2 hrs from me, but with traffic through NY and NJ it would take so much longer! Too bad they didn’t do this in Hartford if they were coming to the East Coast.

Fanatic

I wish there was a convention for me to attend

GuppyGuy007

wrs2 said:
I wish I could go! It’s only 2 hrs from me, but with traffic through NY and NJ it would take so much longer! Too bad they didn’t do this in Hartford if they were coming to the East Coast.
The NEC Convention is in Connecticut I think

wrs2

fishlover001 said:
The NEC Convention is in Connecticut I think
Is that the same type of thing as this one?

GuppyGuy007

Not exactly. Sort of though. IMO, it is better

goldface

Why didn’t the catfish convention in Virginia get this much hype here? What am I missing?

GuppyGuy007

scarface said:
Why didn’t the catfish convention in Virgina not get this much hype here? What am I missing?
Catfish convention? Didn't even know there was one

goldface

fishlover001 said:
Catfish convention? Didn't even know there was one
Yeah, I made a thread, but already past now. It was back in early Oct. I guess the category was too specific and narrow, that it didn’t interest many people. Oh well.

GuppyGuy007

I didn't see the thread, I might've made an attempt to go though. I'll put it on next year's calender

wrs2

fishlover001 said:
Not exactly. Sort of though. IMO, it is better
That’s only 40 mins from means the weekend before my Spring break! I’ll have to find someone to force to come with me haha! Thanks!!

GuppyGuy007

Np, I also have to find someone to force to come with me, and more importantly , drive me.

GuppyGuy007

scarface

DarkOne

Great to see Lchi87 and KingD again and meet shutterbug13 and coralbandit today!

L to R: Shutterbug13, Lchi87, KingD and Me. I think Lchi87 has a selfie with coralbadit.

I couldn't help myself and got another pleco. Eyes are a bit cockeyed but not as bad as pictured.

My haul...

And I need a bigger tank for this guy...

Pescado_Verde

Those eyes! LOL. Great pics, good to see FL folks getting together and sharing.

DarkOne

Pescado_Verde said:
Those eyes! LOL. Great pics, good to see FL folks getting together and sharing.
I just noticed after I took the pic and then looked at it again. This is supposed to glow in the dark too

GuppyGuy007

What did everyone else get?
shutterbug13 Lchi87 KingD

Pescado_Verde

DarkOne said:
I just noticed after I took the pic and then looked at it again. This is supposed to glow in the dark too
How big is it? Looks like a foot and a half maybe?

goldface

I can’t tell if you guys are talking about the real one or the stuffed one. I think it’s the former, but then you guys start talking about it glowing and stuff.

Pescado_Verde

scarface said:
I can’t tell if you guys are talking about the real one or the stuffed one. I think it’s the former, but then you guys start talking about it glowing and stuff.
Do you even GMO, dude?

DarkOne

Pescado_Verde said:
How big is it? Looks like a foot and a half maybe?
It's just about 12". I saw these a few months ago and always wanted one but never motivated to order one. I saw a booth with stuffed fish so I went there to see if they had any and they did so I got one.

scarface said:
I placed it strategically so I could get a pic of both real and stuffed

shutterbug13

fishlover001 said:
What did everyone else get?
shutterbug13 Lchi87 KingD
I got some shrimp (amano and blue dream), two pieces of spiderwood, and a ton of free food samples. I post some pictures soon.

DarkOne

shutterbug13 said:
I got some shrimp (amano and blue dream), two pieces of spiderwood, and a ton of free food samples. I post some pictures soon.
I got Lchi87's missed call and text about 15m after she sent it. We went out to our cars and I grabbed the plants for you but we missed you . If you still want some plants, let me know.

Betta'sAnonymous

I would have totally loved nerding out to something like this for sure, but nowhere near the east coast. And my head probably would have got cut off in the group picture, I am kind of a giant! Sounded like a blast though!

Lchi87

I didn’t buy anything but left with some cool memories to look back on, getting to chill with such a fun group of people! Thanks for coming out guys, I had a great time!!

HairyCatFish

fishlover001 said:
Awesome!! I wanted one of those but didn't buy one.
I needed a dedicated shrimp tank and when I saw these I just fell in love, lol. They were a little pricey, and I walked away a couple of times, but I knew I would regret it if I didn't take one home. RCS shrimp were on sale at the show too, so let's just say it was the perfect storm
So I bought one of the cheaper cubes, only $150 but worth every cent. It got jostled around a bit on the ride back home, but I think I finally got everything back in its place.
Added the shrimp and they're setting in, I think they love their new home as much as I do.
We saw Cory from aquarium co-op and a few other Youtubers. And my wife got a cool "Fish Tube" tshirt signed by Flip Aquatics. She's already asking if we could go back again Sunday.
My cat really likes the shirt too as you can see lol.

coralbandit

I mostly went to meet up with people and really enjoyed myself.
I bought a shirt still out in the car after my 3 hour ride home .
It was real nice to meet up with everyone .
As far as the expo goes I think I actually prefer the NEC swap meets ..I NEED FISH not more fish goods ,but some of the stuff like ADA ,Lucas Bretz and others was cool and needs to be seen in person to truly appreciate .
Noticed the first place angelfish was nice looking Albino Dantumn !
All in all I am a fish head so it was pretty cool.

shutterbug13

DarkOne said:
I got Lchi87's missed call and text about 15m after she sent it. We went out to our cars and I grabbed the plants for you but we missed you . If you still want some plants, let me know.
Thank you so much for trying, I really appreciate it. Sorry I missed you. I'll talk to you soon about some plants after I make a trip to my LFS and see what I pick up there. Thanks again!

DioAquatics

Today was an incredible day. It was a pleasure seeing DarkOne again and meeting Lchi87 shutterbug13 and coralbandit. You guys are a blast to be around. We need to get together again!
shutterbug13, Lchi87, Me, DarkOne

I ended up not buying anything at AE but I went to the Fish Hut to buy an apisto pair and I bought 10 habrosus Cory’s at Absolutely Fish. I got plants from DarkOne and Lchi87. Thank you both again, they’ll be out to good use. I also got free food samples and stickers and such.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom