"Aquatic" carpeting plant seeds

Fiskerton

Few weeks ago I got some aquatic seeds knowing that there is a high likelihood of them being a scam but I had had a good experience growing them inside a smaller tank a while back so took the chance. These were marketed as being dwarf water clovers (Marsilea minuta), which they are clearly not, and after just a few days being submersed they stopped growing and started developing algae. At first I thought maybe they were acclimating to the new conditions but after 5-6 days it looks like many are dead/dying. I did make the mistake of having high lighting in the start, having a low tech tank with fluval stratum, I knew the excess minerals would cause algae growth. I would like to know what is the best course of action in this situation. Either cutting most leaves and hoping they start to develop growth or do I just get rid of it entirely. Also if anyone is able to identify what type of plants these are, maybe they aren't even suitable for growing underwater
1.PNG.
2.PNG

V1K

Either cutting most leaves and hoping they start to develop growth or do I just get rid of it entirely.
You cannot cut any plant at this stage of development, because they only have 2 leaves and 1 bud at the top, and if you cut it off, they won't grow a new one.

I don't know answers to the rest of the questions.

Upvote 0

MasterPython

Most of those seeds are a scam and won't grow underwater. Unless you happen to get the pearlweed seeds which is a stem plant.

Upvote 0

MacZ

Sprouting them in a bowl and putting them on a sandwich might have been the best course of action.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
depan89
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies