AquaSky 2.0 Multi Use

FishDan

Hello you lovely people.
The light on my 57 Flex has finally decided to die on me. Rather than replacing it with another Fluval Flex LED light im pondering grabbing a 12 Watt Aqua Sky 2.0.

However I will be upgrading to a 200 Ltr Fluval Roma in the new year so my question is.... Would it be of any benefit to use the smaller 12 watt Aqua sky that I plan on getting for my Flex and retro fitting it with the (Im assuming larger Aquasky2.0) that should come with my Fluval Roma once ive switched over.

or would i be better off just cheaping out for the time being and getting something that will fit under the flexs cover just to do a job for the next 3 - 4 months?

Sorry aware this is a fairly poorly worded question :D

carsonsgjs

Personally I’d just replace the broken LED light on the flex with a like-for-like replacement for the time being. The flex 57 LED light is around £30-£35, whereas the Aquasky is almost double that (unless you are getting a second hand one). It would also only be around 60cm long and the roma 200 is 100cm, so may not fit properly. I’m sure the aquasky that comes with the roma as standard should be fine for your needs without adding an additional light unit alongside it (and one that wouldn’t reach all areas of the tank).

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Craig_84
Replies
Views
FishDan
Replies
Views
Awaken_Riceball_
Replies
Views