Aquascaping the 30G bowfront

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by TropicalBettaFreak, Jan 1, 2013.

1. TropicalBettaFreakNew MemberMember

So, I wanted to try live plants with my 30G bowfront, after I do a mini betta live plant biotope project in a 10G.

I wanted to do a large stump-like piece of driftwood in the center, large thick live plants in the background, a few small live plants in the foreground, and some floating plants.

Heres a rough(and really bad) sketch of the design-
    fvin9f.png

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as plants?

My 30G currently has-
    2 female betta
    1 Zebra snail
    2 swordtails
    3 Platy
    4 Cory cats
    15 wild guppies

I would love any suggestions as far as plants, ideas for the aquascape, and other fish (by the time I decide to do this, some of the fish may be moved to another tank or have died).

Thanks!
    ~TBF

2. EthanWell Known MemberMember

that sketch is top knotch :D but if you are planning on that many live bearers you better have something to eat all them babies

3. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

some kind of vals for the background imo micro sword or or sags in the front and a few bronze crypts

4. TropicalBettaFreakNew MemberMember

Believe it or not, the swordtails eat their own babies and sometimes gobble up the baby guppies. But I'd consider purchasing an adequately sized semi-carnivorous fish.

5. TropicalBettaFreakNew MemberMember

Any more ideas guys? I really need the help!

6. MagooFishlore VIPMember

Hello :) I would add some java moss to the trunk at the bottom just poke it into the gaps.
    Then I would add maybe 5-6 Cryptocoryne to the left with possibly a bunch of java fern behind anchored by a pebble.
    Then to the right in the back corner depending on what look would like I would add eithe hygrophilia or twisted vallis in front of that I would add an anubias bonsai (I just got another of these they're so cute) again attached to a pebble as for in front of the root stump I would add some grass like plant the names escape me but there are many pretty ones out there if you google :)

7. Vongchanh25Valued MemberMember

I would use a mix of jungle Val and water wisteria for the back ground and Pygmy chain swords for the for ground

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice