Aquascaping sketches/concept art

baph0meat

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i’m an artist by trade..... which means i can barely afford to be in this hobby at all, lol :p

so, since i can’t afford to set up all the tanks i have in mind, i daydream by sketching them out, and i figured it might be fun to post some of them all in one thread as i slowly collect them. here’s one i did to unwind this morning!

88EAB5E9-C32C-4D90-BD42-5239B160F0A5.jpeg

i love hydrocotyl tripartita, i think it’s adorable, and i’d love to one day have a tank where it’s front and center and it can eventually carpet everywhere.... and i’ve seen a lot of nanos with this kind of concept, with like a root system the fish can swim around under, and i’m really charmed by the idea. i’m not sure what i’d stock this with.... maybe not a betta or anything notorious for jumping, bc it would be cool to have an open top and let the wood be tall enough to break the surface!

JJfishes

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That's really cool! I do the same but digitally when I aquascape a new tank, it helps feed a bit of the excitement as well as lets you pick the perfect area for everything and have a plan.

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That looks awesome! Artist here too but for some reason I don't like sketching aquascapes out. Might start now after seeing yours haha. You should definitely look into rimless nanos, and you clearly already know what lily pipes are!

New Threads