Aquascaping question

Which should I do?

• Total voters

SouthAmericanCichlids

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
(Look at the picks first) So I have a fifty five gallon tank. I have it set up with standing logs (Meant to be roots/trees). I was wondering which one you think would look better. So I have a couple more logs I can put in. But as I was setting them up I thought maybe in the middle I don't put the logs in, but put a tall dragon stone, or some other stone (And is tall). Then I put plants all around it and none on the outskirts of the tank. Any thoughts on which one I should do?

Edit: Sorry the water is so cloudy, I just put the wood in.

Attachments

ArtFish

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Are you putting fish in this? If so what fish?

sorry I looked at the picture again and saw the angle fish lol

I would suggest the dragon stone to add some different texture.The fins of the angelfish May get damaged by the rock though.

OP
SouthAmericanCichlids

SouthAmericanCichlids

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I am gonna have the angelfish, I have a BN pleco, I will be getting lemon tetras. And also the only live plants I will be able to use is torn marimo moss balls, the rest will be fake. I have tried live plants multiple times and every time they have died, so now I just have a regular light, not meant for plants. And I can't buy another (I am a kid without a job). Do you think it'll still look good?

Edit: And by torn, I mean I will tear the pieces (Not just scraps laying around in fish tanks)

ArtFish

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It will look good with fake plants, I have a cichlid tank with a bunch of random Decor and fake plants so they can hide, it doesn’t look pretty. If you can I would suggest getting some java moss, it grows fast and looks really pretty. If your struggling with plants and have a bad light, get low light plants and get a plant fertilizer (I got Easy green from aquarium co-op)
But fake plants will work too

OP
SouthAmericanCichlids

SouthAmericanCichlids

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I just figured out my light is actually for lights! Yeah! And @Mike1995 is sending me some plants, thanks again Mike.

bmb0214

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I love the vertical wood pieces. And agree some rock of some type to mix it up. But I think plants everywhere lol! Maybe something small around the rock and taller and thin around the wood.

Utar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
May I suggest you set something up inside your tank for your less aggressive smaller fish can hide. This will make them feel more comfortable and if your Angels get aggressive with them they can swim down and hide in a cave or something similar. Take a look a the picture of my 55 gallon tank on the far end you will see a natural piece of drift wood that I found on the beach of a large lake near me. I set it up to make a cave, you can see light shining through it.55g tank pic 7-6-20.jpg

New Threads