Aquascaping Ideas for 60 gallon Swordtail Only tank

• Thread starter Apoorvthegreat
  • Start date

Apoorvthegreat

Hey, guys could you send some ideas along with pictures to aquascape a 60-gallon tank? (no artificial decor please ; ) )

FishBoy101

Well Known
Apoorvthegreat said:
Hey, guys could you send some ideas along with pictures to aquascape a 60-gallon tank? (no artificial decor please ; ) )
I don't have a planted tank, but some nice plants would be the anubias, amazon sword, java fern, java moss (or Christmas moss). There are so many options. But one thing I can suggest other than plants are substrate and rocks. Are there any Home Depos in your area? If so, the might have playsand, I got 2 bags of 50 pounds. It just needs a bit of washing then it is ready for the tank. Another item are rocks. I have tiny rocks in my tank, because of my budget. But if you have a larger budget, you could get dragon stone, they look amazing!

mimo91088

Well Known
I suggest seiryu stone. It looks amazing, and while it does have an effect on water chemistry by raising ph and tds, that effect works in favor of livebearers.

MacZ

Fishlore VIP
Do a google image search for "Xiphophorus biotope".

You will find a lot of interesting stuff, tanks and underwater footage from their biotopes.

Top Bottom