Aquascaping Bonsai Idea

RLI

I have a normal 20 gallon tank and I was thinking of how I should aquascape it, so I wondered around my local fish store and found a bonsai driftwood piece so I decided to go along with that look and I wanted to know if everyone would think this would look good. I want to go with a black shrimp substrate(The one that looks like balls) Im going to also buy some seiryu stone wrapped with Christmas moss to put under and around the bonsai tree, I want the rocks to look jagged and natural. The plants that im thinking of placeing on the tree are going to be stretched out marimo moss balls. Im going to try to make a carpet of pearl weed, and some taller plants such as Jungle Val, cabomba, and tall hairgrass. I might also incorporate some duckweed at the top. For the fish that I want to put in the tank I chose 1 GBR, 10 Rummy noses, 6 Sterbai Corys, 12 Cardinals, and 3 snails. What do you think about this?

FishWithTim

I think that's a great idea for a scape, however I think you would be overstocked.

Upvote 0

RLI

I think that's a great idea for a scape, however I think you would be overstocked.
What fish do you think I should reduce in numbers?

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

I like the idea.

The tank would be overstocked a little, but not insanely so. If anything, I might only do one school of tetra - one or the other. Or, scrap both the rummynoses and the cardinals, and go with two nano schoolers like Emerald and Chili Rasboras.

Upvote 0

N13

Dragon stone around the bonsai tree in the center, I would do 12 clown killifish with some nerite snails and cherry shrimp, the clown killifish can circle the bonsai tree and the nerites and shrimp will be interesting in the bottom, good luck!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Snailerator
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
MacZ