aquascaping 35g 2ft tall tank!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by lucydee, Jul 23, 2014.

1. l

lucydee New Member Member

Im new ti this forum, and new to aquarium owning and I need a bit of help. I need to decorate my 35g tank, which is 18 inches by 18 inches and 2 feet tall which makes decorating it a real challenge. I was thinking of building up some lava rock to about two thirds of the way up the tank, incorporating a moss wall and then planting lots of low light plants (the tank being so tall affects the light levels). I was wondering if you guys have any advice and of you think this sort of set up would work. Thanks, lucy x

2. T

Teishokue Well Known Member Member

Lots of glue and supports

3. Fishy Friends

Fishy Friends Well Known Member Member

Hi lucydee & welcome to Fishlore!

That type of tank can be a challenge & hopefully others will have some ideasâ˜ș My thought would be to get a nice piece of wood perhaps 4-8"@ base & 14-20" tall. You can tie or glue some plants to the wood (anubias would do well).

I like the look & idea of lava rock but it would have to be glued &/or supported like Teishokue mentioned. If it was too large or heavy it could possibly scratch the sides of your tank or even crack it if unstable. You might consider putting a lava rock at the base of the wood if you like that idea.

There are many members who are great with plants - I am not - still trying. Make sure you read about the Nitrogen Cycle.

Have you decided what fish you are going to stock? Lots of great articles & folks to help - have fun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice