aquascaping 35g 2ft tall tank!

1. lucydee Initiate Member

Im new ti this forum, and new to aquarium owning and I need a bit of help. I need to decorate my 35g tank, which is 18 inches by 18 inches and 2 feet tall which makes decorating it a real challenge. I was thinking of building up some lava rock to about two thirds of the way up the tank, incorporating a moss wall and then planting lots of low light plants (the tank being so tall affects the light levels). I was wondering if you guys have any advice and of you think this sort of set up would work. Thanks, lucy x

2. Teishokue Well Known Member Member

Lots of glue and supports

3. Fishy Friends Well Known Member Member

Hi lucydee & welcome to Fishlore!

That type of tank can be a challenge & hopefully others will have some ideasâ˜ș My thought would be to get a nice piece of wood perhaps 4-8"@ base & 14-20" tall. You can tie or glue some plants to the wood (anubias would do well).

I like the look & idea of lava rock but it would have to be glued &/or supported like Teishokue mentioned. If it was too large or heavy it could possibly scratch the sides of your tank or even crack it if unstable. You might consider putting a lava rock at the base of the wood if you like that idea.

There are many members who are great with plants - I am not - still trying. Make sure you read about the Nitrogen Cycle.

Have you decided what fish you are going to stock? Lots of great articles & folks to help - have fun!