Aquascapes Using Hornwort?

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Anyone got good examples on how to use hornwort in an aesthetically pleasing way? Planning an aquascape for a new tank, but unsure of how I wanna utilize my hornwort. Could use inspiration both for floating or anchored

Rdrb

Reaction score
I think you could get it anchored to substrate also add some cabomba with it in the back or middle portion of tank it would look like a soft bush

Also check out foo the flowerhorn channel in youtube he did a no co 2 no fert tank with honworts hydrilla etc it looks lovely maybe you could get inspirations there bro

OP
MissNoodle

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Rdrb said:
I think you could get it anchored to substrate also add some cabomba with it in the back or middle portion of tank it would look like a soft bush

Also check out foo the flowerhorn channel in youtube he did a no co 2 no fert tank with honworts hydrilla etc it looks lovely maybe you could get inspirations there bro
Ah I will for sure check that out when I get home! Thank you! Yeah no fert no co2 for me.

OP
MissNoodle

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Updating... I weaved my hornwort onto a plastic mesh sheet and anchored it down into the substrate in the more natural tank. The other is more individually anchored.

Ill change it up when I get my new 46gal at the end of the month, but figured I would share the result

Attachments

jmaldo

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hornwort is "Great". I like to let it float. I wrapped a few strands with fishing line then attached the line to a suction cup. Here is a pic from my 10 gallon Planted Shrimp tank.

Hornwort.jpg

Good Luck!

New Threads