Aquascapes Using Hornwort?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by MissNoodle, Aug 14, 2019.

1. MissNoodle

MissNoodleWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +718
    Anyone got good examples on how to use hornwort in an aesthetically pleasing way? Planning an aquascape for a new tank, but unsure of how i wanna utilize my hornwort. Could use inspiration :D both for floating or anchored

2. Rdrb

RdrbValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +30
    I think you could get it anchored to substrate also add some cabomba with it in the back or middle portion of tank it would look like a soft bush

Also check out foo the flowerhorn channel in youtube he did a no co 2 no fert tank with honworts hydrilla etc it looks lovely maybe you could get inspirations there bro

3. OP
    OP
    MissNoodle

Ratings:
    +718
    Ah i will for sure check that out when i get home! Thank you! Yeah no fert no co2 for me.

4. OP
    OP
    MissNoodle

Ratings:
    +718
    Updating... i weaved my hornwort onto a plastic mesh sheet and anchored it down into the substrate in the more natural tank. The other is more individually anchored.

Ill change it up when i get my new 46gal at the end of the month, but figured i would share the result

Attached Files:

5. jmaldo

jmaldoWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3,703
    Experience:
    2 years
    Hornwort is "Great". I like to let it float. I wrapped a few strands with fishing line then attached the line to a suction cup. Here is a pic from my 10g Planted Shrimp tank.

Hornwort.

Good Luck!