Aquascape Questions

1. Squirrelmanajh

Squirrelmanajh Valued Member Member

Does anyone on here have aquascapes like this or know how to? I see all these amazing pictures but no one says how to do it, so I'm wondering if anyone here does?

(images from Google images)

Attached Files:

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Do you know how big those tanks are? :p

3. OP
    OP
    Squirrelmanajh

nope, but i'm assuming probably 100+. But I figure it could maybe be done in a miniscale couldn't it?

4. Akari_32

Have you ever seen a 100 gallon tank? These are actually much, much larger :p

But yes, you certainly could, provided you could find small enough rocks (or break larger ones), and had all the CO2, and ferts and stuff. And then, all those rocks displace a lot of water, so the stocking options in a smaller tank would be pretty limited.

These take a lot of planning (and a lot of supplies) something I don't have the patience for lol

5. OP
    OP
    Squirrelmanajh

oh haha i didn't realize that.

I do have some good rock selections since I'm in the mountains of West Virginia. But I def don't know a whole lot about that other stuff yet, which has kinda kept me from attempting anything like this yet. And I'm ok with the less stock for one tank I suppose.

I've just been wanting kinda like a step by step process of how they do it, just to see if it's even a possibility for the future for me.

6. Akari_32

7. OP
    OP
    Squirrelmanajh

Yeah, I haven't actually seen a whole lot of tanks in person bigger than 29g so I didn't know.

Thanks! That sight looks pretty helpful, I'm gonna read through it real quick

8. Akari_32

I hadn't either, until I moved up here. The LFS actually caries triple-digit tanks! *.* I'm 5' 11'', and some of these tanks I can seriously lay down and go to sleep in! :O

Sure thing! The pro's keep their tips and tricks a secret, so those were about the best I could find...

9. OP
    OP
    Squirrelmanajh

Wow! That's crazy huge!

Ahh ok, that would explain why I couldn't find anything. But those 2 sites are both pretty good so thanks!

10. Akari_32

Right?? I drool every time I go in there XD I try to stay out of the tank section, but some times its hard because its right by the front door @.@