aquascape my 55 into a discus tank....................

turbofrog

I have decided to make my 55 gallon into a Discus tank. What plants should I use to do this? Some of you guys have some outstanding aquascape!

ifixoldhouses

harpua2002

turbofrog

I do want to keep the stock lighting. Just want to make sure I get plants that the Discus will be ok with and will not die in this tank.

harpua2002

The plants I listed should be fine.
There are probably some others that I am forgetting as well. Check out plantgeek for more info.

Evan McKay

I don't think any of those plants will work he doesn't even have 1 wat per gallon that's not good

turbofrog

Well then what should I do? Can I change out the bulbs in tops?

ifixoldhouses

Those lights are useless for planted tanks, save them for a 20 gallon tank and they may work for that. Buy a dual strip light which is at least 2x 55
I got a 130 watt for my tank on ebay for about $100, it makes the fish look way better too. You'll need a glass cover as well.

Nate McFin

You can't just swap the bulbs as the ballast won't be able to do it. To upgrade the lighting you would need to replace the whole unit.
This is where I am getting mine. I did a lot of research and this is quality stuff for reasonable prices. Careful not to go overboard on watts per gallon as well or you will have to get into using Co2 injection as well. If you think lights are expensive you really won't like Co2 stuff. lol
Catalina Aquarium

turbofrog

Well I'm starting with the driftwood........

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom