Aquascape for African Cichlid aggression?

Hemikyle

Hello, I have a community African Cichlid tank, and I have been noticing some aggression going on with them I know this is a common thing with African Cichlids but I'd like to help keep it down the best I can. Now below I'll post pictures of what my tank looks as of right now. I'm wondering if this is good enough? Or should i be adding more taller decor to divert the anger towards the lowest cichlid on the list getting bullied. Whats your thoughts and opinions?

List of Cichlids

Yellow Lab Mbunas
White Mouth Mdokas
Parrot Cichlids
Convict Cichlids
Various Peacock Cichlids
Tropheus Duboisi
Blue Polar Cichlid
Hap Cichlids
Frontosa Cichlid
Cuckoo Catfish

Attachments

• 20210801_122320.jpg
    20210801_122320.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210801_122313.jpg
    20210801_122313.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210801_122232.jpg
    20210801_122232.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210801_122220.jpg
    20210801_122220.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 40

MacZ

Can you please list the fish with numbers? I am pretty positive there will have to be some stocking reduction and clear ID for all species, Haps and peacocks are dozens of species.

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

Can you please list the fish with numbers? I am pretty positive there will have to be some stocking reduction and clear ID for all species, Haps and peacocks are dozens of species.
Like as how many I have total in the tank? Because I don't know exactly every name of the Peacocks by heart I only know a select few

Upvote 0

MacZ

Well, then we will have to ID them. :)

As I mention over and over again, Malawi cichlids have to be handpicked and your mix with central americans and tanganyikans is just from what I already know a ticking time bomb.

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

How would I be able to ID them ? And is there any way to take good pictures of Cichlids because they always move way to fast to get a solid picture.

Upvote 0

MacZ

You take pictures and post them here. We have enough people here that can help you with that.

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

You take pictures and post them here. We have enough people here that can help you with that.
Well it took a little but of time but I counted a total of 37 Cichlids all together that's Including the catfish too though. I will be posting them all in another thread in the right discussion so we can get all this figured out

Upvote 0

Hemikyle

Okay it took a while but here's the list. We still couldn't identify whether some are haps or peacocks but here it is.
3 - Yellow Tail Aci (1 male & 1 female that I know)
2 - Synodontis Catfish
2 - Mdoka White Lips
2 - Snow White Parrot Cichlids (both female)
3 - Female Peacocks or Haps
3 - Convict Cichlids (all males)
3 - Frontosa
2 - Yellow Lab Mbuna (1 male & 1 female)
5 - Male Peacocks or Haps
4 - Dragon's Blood / Strawberry Peacock (1 Albino)
3 - OB (1 is a possible OB Mbuna) (all males)
1 - Ice Blue Zebra (male)
1 - Red Empress Hap (male)
1 - Blood Parrot
1 - Blue Polar Parrot Cichlid (male)
1 - Duboisi Cichlid
Thread 'Mutltiple Cichlid ID?' https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/mutltiple-cichlid-id.505715/

Here are the pictures of them if you would like to see them also.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Hemikyle
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies