Aquasafe Plus Making My Fish Scared?

Can't Find Nemo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I started treating my aquarium water about two months back. Once a month with the AquaSafe Plus water treatment, and straight into the aquarium itself. Since then, I've noticed that all my decorations in the aquarium are getting stained black by it.

I've also noticed that all my fish since I first used it two months ago won't come out of hiding unless it feeding time. They'll be out just long enough to eat, but as soon as their done, they'll hide. If I don't move long enough, they'll come out of hiding but as soon as I move, they'll scurry back into hiding.

Another thing that happened was I had two Red Swordtails in the tank with 7 barbs. They were getting along fine for a month. Then two days after I added it, I came home to find both of them torn apart like they the Barbs were members of the Yakuza and had torn them apart.

Should I stop using the AquaSafe, or am I using it wrong?

Can't Find Nemo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Discus-Tang said:
Aquasafe is just a water conditioner, isn't it? It shouldn't have any effect on the tank other than removing poison.
It is but all my decor has begun turning black and it started happening only after I put it in. I'll take pics and upload them when I get back to my apartment from work.

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AquaSafe+ doesn't seem to identify the actual ingredients used to "promote Slime Coat". Honestly not sure if that's an issue, but I wouldn't use it on myself without knowing what's in it (my fish eat better than I do)...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom