Aquariumfishsale.com

Disturbed.)
Before I post my review on the latest order, Id like to hear any experience any of you have had with them. I'll start with my past order around a year ago.
That order was for several "I can't remember the exact number but between 4 and 6" medium 3-4 inch, Red Spotted Severum. They were quick "within a day" to respond to questions both before about actual size/tank parameters and after the order was placed. That order wasn't directly from their site though, it was through Ebay. I had lost the female of a newly formed pair to a swim bladder injury after she startled and slammed into my overflow wier damaging it in the process. I had thinned them down from two groups from other vendors 6 months before. I needed to find a replacement quick if I expected to breed him.
They were the only place offering that variant anywhere online at the time and they are not available locally ever. Shipping details were not really in the auction but they did respond as to when they would ship and since a holiday was in the way that was far out for a next day shipping price. I agreed but during that wait, the male just hid and 5 days after his mate was lost he died in an otherwise healthy tank with no known cause. They responded that day and the order was canceled.

Goldiemom
I purchased a calico fancy goldfish from them. The communication was bad at first but Chris came along and did service recovery. However, the fish I received has always swam funny and Has an extra piece of tail. She also developed a curled Gill cover. I love her but she does have her issues. I believe she is severely inbred.

Disturbed.)
My latest experience with them has even more twists. I have been waiting for more than a year for a species to become available at a reasonable price. Megalechis Thoratica, Spotted or Marbled Hoplo. This fish was insanely popular in my earlier days of keeping but they had been outshined by cory cats during my two decade break. I keep an eye out for them and when I saw they had them I squeezed in another QT tank and placed an order for as many as I could keep in it. I added 24 Columbian tetras to the order to get free shipping. I needed them as target/dithers for a grow out group of Turquoise Sevs to lighten the amount missing scales and bruised noses.
The order this time was from their website for 14 Spotted hoplos and 24 tetras. I sent a message with the order and again got a prompt response with water parameters to adjust my QTs.
Twist 1. The next day I got an email that they had run out of stock on the Marbled Hoplos but would get more in on Saturday. I could do a partial or hold the whole shipment until Monday. I opted to hold out for all until Monday because having someone here to receive fish can be difficult.
Twist 2. Monday comes and I get a "your order has shipped" email. Later that day I get a refund email. Whoa whoa hold on a minute, shipping notice then an out of stock notice. The Email says the Hoplos were refunded but the refund amount was less than I paid for them. I emailed them back, then again... Nothing.
Twist 3. I was at work but had someone at the house to receive them float them and turn them loose in their qt tanks. The fish arrived all healthy but... The order was short a couple Tetras but I didn't notice that until later because I was more concerned about the catfish in the box. I got 4 instead of 14 that explains the partial refund but they were the wrong species.
I've dealt with more than a few online vendors and I was totally prepared to get the shaft on this. But I emailed as soon as I got home and saw them. No response for several days then a refund for the missing and incorrect fish. I wasn't prepared for that. I truly thought I was out time and money and was in for a fight to get it straight.
While neither order went as planned and I can't say that their response times were stellar, I can say that they take care of their customers and take responsibility if they make a mistake. I can't give a quality assessment of the livestock yet since it's only been a few days. They appear healthy and after only a day or so of shipping shock, they act as they should and are eating well.
I will say that even though it didn't go well, I can trust that they will fix any issues that occur. That's more than I can say for many if not most of the large online vendors I've dealt with. If I need something and they have it at a good price I will call first next time to be sure its actually in stock.

Goldiemom
Email Chris next time and let him help you. I just wasn’t impressed with the stock at all.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom