Aquarium water on me?

1. Marinero Member Member

If I get my hands down in my tank to clean or whatever, how safe is that? Will I catch some parasite? Will I get Ich :-\? Will anyone come near me?

2. Jason Well Known Member Member

LOL ;D
    You wont catch a fish disease like ich, your quite safe... (i think) ;)

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I have read that you can get tb from your fish, but that is probably quite rare.

4. rob2uk Member Member

If you have any kind of open wound on your hands, TB can be a problem, highly unlikely though.

You're much more likely to catch Gastro Enteritis, this has already happened to me once!!!

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

that was reeealy smart of you rob... :p
    how did you do that?

6. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

7. rob2uk Member Member

I was doing a water change and kinda tripped with the bucket full of old water... i was soaked head to toe...

8. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

:eek: ouch....
    yikes if i did that my fish tank would be banished forever...EMMA, YOU FLOODED MY NICE FLOOR!!!!!!
    lol...

9. rob2uk Member Member

Haha, well I live in and run a pub, so there's always liquids being spilled on the floor ;D

10. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

o that explains it then... ;D

11. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Cool! Is the pub near London?

12. rob2uk Member Member

13. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

As with anything you want to wash your hands before putting them in the tank , also you want to wash your hands when you finish with your tank maintenance.
    Rob unless you splashed that water in your mouth, nose or eyes you shouldn't be at risk from you tank water ;D
    Carol

14. rob2uk Member Member

Trust me, it went EVERYWHERE

15. Janmitch22 Member Member

Wait, what? lol you can get sick from aquarium water? Like, really sick? Hum, I never thought about that. But I do wash my hands. I rinse them before maintenance and I wash them after.

16. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yum *gulp gulp gulp* this tank water is gooood!
    lol :D

17. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

LOL :D
    Carol