Aquarium water on me?

Marinero

Reaction score
If I get my hands down in my tank to clean or whatever, how safe is that? Will I catch some parasite? Will I get Ich :-\? Will anyone come near me?

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
I have read that you can get tb from your fish, but that is probably quite rare.

rob2uk

Reaction score
If you have any kind of open wound on your hands, TB can be a problem, highly unlikely though.

You're much more likely to catch Gastro Enteritis, this has already happened to me once!!!

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
ouch....
yikes if I did that my fish tank would be banished forever...EMMA, YOU FLOODED MY NICE FLOOR!!!!!!
lol...

rob2uk

Reaction score
Haha, well I live in and run a pub, so there's always liquids being spilled on the floor ;D

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
rob2uk said:
Haha, well I live in and run a pub, so there's always liquids being spilled on the floor  ;D
Cool! Is the pub near London?

rob2uk

Reaction score
Do a search for my postcode (RG26 3NL) here:

I'm about 40 or 50 miles away, I guess

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As with anything you want to wash your hands before putting them in the tank , also you want to wash your hands when you finish with your tank maintenance.
Rob unless you splashed that water in your mouth, nose or eyes you shouldn't be at risk from you tank water ;D
Carol

rob2uk

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
Rob unless you splashed that water in your mouth, nose or eyes you shouldn't be at risk from you tank water ;D
Carol
Trust me, it went EVERYWHERE

Janmitch22

Reaction score
Wait, what? lol you can get sick from aquarium water? Like, really sick? Hum, I never thought about that. But I do wash my hands. I rinse them before maintenance and I wash them after.

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
Butterfly said:
Carol
yum *gulp gulp gulp* this tank water is gooood!
lol

New Threads