Aquarium Vinyl Designs

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade, Free' started by DanB80TTS, Apr 20, 2017.

1. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

I have a vinyl cutter and came up with the idea of making custom aquarium decals.
    The idea is probably much better suited to children's aquariums to give it a little more of a fun touch and perhaps encourage them into the hobby more.

I'm looking to see if anybody would be interested in applying decals to the outside of their (or their child's) aquariums. The designs can be subtle or not so subtle. I made a small example over part of my Fluval Specs substrate line. Simple grass blades design but could even have names or words cut into the decals too. The example was just a quick mock up and not a representation of full quality.
    Cost's would vary by size and quantity, at this point I'm just looking to see what people thing of the idea.

Attached Files:

2. NanologistWell Known MemberMember

I actually thought of doing this myself but using the vinyl decals as the background for the tank. You could achieve some really cool modern backgrounds by using layers of vinyl.

3. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

I had thought about it for background too but I'm not sure how well it would look (I was thinking across the entire tank) I've painted tanks and I think for a background paint is way easier. Doing designs on the background like that is a cool idea though.

4. meyowmeowValued MemberMember

I would probably be interested depending on price!

5. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

price would be down to how much material i was using really and time put in. If you want to shoot me ideas via PM I could get a better idea

6. meyowmeowValued MemberMember

I was envisioning something space-related or perhaps Doctor Who or other geekery

7. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

It sounds very doable, so like time and relative dimensions in space.
    Are you thinking for the front, sides, back? size?

8. meyowmeowValued MemberMember

It's more like a wibbly wobbly timey wimey thing lol. I'm thinking front and sides yes. Maybe 10 or 20 gal.

9. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

I shall message you as to not flood the thread

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice