Aquarium Tweezers, What Am I Looking For?

faywayway

I have some aquarium aquascaping tweezers that have a sort of blunt tip. The inside is also serrated. I keep seeing aquarium YouTubers that have very similar ones but they have a really pointed tip, and I'm pretty sure no serration. I've been trying to find one but all I can find are the ones with rounded and serrated tips like mine.

I'm sure they're for aquariums bc I've seen them so often, and some are curved. They would be so much more helpful in trying to feed my betta smaller frozen and live foods, since the tongs always get food stuck to them and my betta can't grab the food as well. I've seen Fish For Thought, Foo the Flowerhorn, and others use them in their videos.

If you have some or know what I'm talking about, please tell me what they're called and where I can find them! No fish stores near me have any, so I'm going to have to shop online. Thanks!

StarGirl

faywayway said:
I have some aquarium aquascaping tweezers that have a sort of blunt tip. The inside is also serrated. I keep seeing aquarium YouTubers that have very similar ones but they have a really pointed tip, and I'm pretty sure no serration. I've been trying to find one but all I can find are the ones with rounded and serrated tips like mine.

I'm sure they're for aquariums bc I've seen them so often, and some are curved. They would be so much more helpful in trying to feed my betta smaller frozen and live foods, since the tongs always get food stuck to them and my betta can't grab the food as well. I've seen Fish For Thought, Foo the Flowerhorn, and others use them in their videos.

If you have some or know what I'm talking about, please tell me what they're called and where I can find them! No fish stores near me have any, so I'm going to have to shop online. Thanks!
Bluefish had a bunch of different shaped ones when I bought mine a few weeks ago. Curved, straight, different sizes. They were back by the test kits and meds. Or were all the ones there blunt ends?

faywayway

StarGirl said:
Bluefish had a bunch of different shaped ones when I bought mine a few weeks ago. Curved, straight, different sizes. They were back by the test kits and meds. Or were all the ones there blunt ends?
Ya I figured they would have some but they all had blunt ends :/

StarGirl

I think I probably have the same ones you do. I just wanted some for grabbing things and moving stuff.
AcornTheBetta you watch more videos than I do. Do you know what kind she means?

faywayway

Aha! I found them. The reason it was so hard to find is because what I'm looking for is actually used in the culinary setting! Precision tweezers used for food design lol

pagoda

I have these for my aquariums, perfectly fine and they don't try to escape from the fingers when using them....they are idea for the deeper aquariums too when you really do not want to get as wet as the fish when moving things or rescuing fallen or beaten up plants & ornaments that the fish vandalise.....one pair per aquarium to prevent any cross contamination

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom