Aquarium Too Warm?

av8er

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey there,

Summer is coming and Im running into a new, unique problem. The aquarium has been sitting high 20s, close to 84 fahreinheit. This is a consequence of the outdoor temperatures getting into the 20s, raising the inside of my house correspondingly and the new light I have on top.

What can I do?

Tyler
4810c4feff0f675eda4619997fc7a675.jpg

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Open the top if you have one, use a fan to blow air across the top or even a ceiling fan circulating air in the room helps to a point. While my cooler was out almost the entire time last summer I managed to keep all my tanks from 5-55 at 84° or lower even though my house was anywhere between 84-95° depending on the time of day and the outdoor temps were 100-111° with fans alone. Generally temps go up fairly slowly and if you can keep the tank well oxygenated with good circulation and maintain a stable temperature most fish will due fine for a season in moderately warmer water than their preferred temps. In the wild most fish experience seasonal temp swings naturally. They can generally handle them just not big sudden swings. Just like us, when it's 55 as a high for months we sort of adjust and when it's 90 for months we sort of adjust. It's not our favorite temp but it's completely tolerable.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom