Aquarium Things That Scared The Crud Out Of You!

75g Discus Tank
Hello Fellow Fishlorians!
Please share aquarium stuff that scared the crud out of you!
Here’s an example.

Those aren’t cracks but duckweed roots!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 119
Reefer guy
Hello Fellow Fishlorians!
Please share aquarium stuff that scared the crud out of you!
Here’s an example.

Those aren’t cracks but duckweed roots!
Psssh, you can see the water tension on the roots! Lol jk. With reefing hearing the crack of a mantis shrimp that you didn’t add to the tank can be scary. They like to try to dig past the bottom pane of glass, or so I’ve heard

david1978
The sound of water dripping. Thankfully its the kitchen sink and not my tank.

david1978
Hearing a crash and seeing your oscar ramming an ornament threw the side of a 75 gallon tank also got me excited.

TLOP
When I had saltwater, I saw a HUGE bristle worm that came out of a piece of live rock at night.

Platylover
There really aren’t many things that scare me besides finding a beloved fish suddenly dead, a fish acting like it’s dead, or feeling soemthing wet and squishy under your foot(this doesn’t just scare me as I’m nervous it may be a fish, but also that it may be a form of feces by another pet). I also don’t like shrimps out of water jumping, doesn’t scare me, I just don’t like it.

75g Discus Tank
One of my BNs quirks is that she lies on her back inside of the cave.
It scared me a lot the first time I saw it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 85
TheCrayfishGuy
The ‟mission suicide program‟ one of my freinds coi about a good 10in jumped and sailed 2in away from my nose.

Zslayer
hearing a splash near one of my tanks or my mother saying I don't see your betta

AWheeler
Not even going to lie...my violet goby when my husband first brought it home for me! It was kinda freaky looking.

Platylover
Not even going to lie...my violet goby when my husband first brought it home for me! It was kinda freaky looking.
Why did you think it looked freaky? They’re beautiful

AWheeler
Dude...it had to grow on me! I named it Gollum

smee82
When the inlaws visit. I'm always scared what they will do to my tank next

TheCrayfishGuy
AWheeler
Yes, he is

sloughdog
Coming home and hearing water flowing from my hob filter like a waterfall knowing that I keep the tank full. At that point I figured the tank is leaking only to find that I overstuffed the media box and it was causing water to back up and trickle outside of the filter onto the floor. Wasn’t so much scary as it was “oh ” or “son of a nutcracker” moments.

Albifrons
Seeing copepods for the first time on the glass of my aquarium. I flipped out and went searching the web in a frantic attempt to find out what they were! I was so worried I had a parasite infestation, it makes me laugh now!

CanadianFishFan
All those small bugs in my tank the first time made me dry out the entire tank, yep they where fine. And also when you don't see your snails in your tank

Albifrons
Oh when my mystery snail disappeared for a day I completely flipped out, searching for him everywhere, and he turned out to be hiding out behind the heater. I almost had a heart attack

Awaken_Riceball_
When I have family over and the little kids put their hands on the aquarium glass

When I realized that one fish went missing, disappeared, no where to be found, then eventually shows itself several hours later. I actually had one die getting stuck in one of the holes on a rock

Rojer Ramjet
When I had saltwater, I saw a HUGE bristle worm that came out of a piece of live rock at night.
Imagine taking out a piece of live rock and having a monstrous bristleworm decide to crawl up your arm, followed by dozens more... This guy was at least 14" long and gave me a rash for a month...

CanadianFishFan
When I have family over and the little kids put their hands on the aquarium glass

When I realized that one fish went missing, disappeared, no where to be found, then eventually shows itself several hours later. I actually had one die getting stuck in one of the holes on a rock
Lol I hate when people touch the glass! Like I just cleaned it....

75g Discus Tank
Another one is finding fish stuck in your filter.

So far, I’ve had a Cory stuck in the filter intake, an amano living in the canister for 1 month, and about 8-10 rummynose and cardinals sucked up the filter and killed(My filter intake cover fell off while I wasn’t home)

DutchAquarium
When your a novice archer fish owner and don't think about putting your face over the aquarium. They hit you in the eye almost everytime.

WTFish?
My nerite snail clammed up during a water change last night, picked her her and touched her foot, SQUIRT!, Right in the eye!

DutchAquarium
Now imagine that but more precise and a stronger jet. That sums up archers.

Sakana魚
Just googled bristleworms... I think yall just scared me off of saltwater tanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kristenfaith
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
Replies