Aquarium Stocking

Gourami123

Reaction score
I want to get these fish: 2 pearl gouramis, 5 cpds, 5 aldolfo (or other kinds) cory, 1 african butterfly fish, 3 hillstream loaches, and 3 chameleon fish (badis). The tank size i want to get are 30 gallons, 40 gallons/40 gallon breeder or a 55 gallon. Does this stock work for any of these sizes? If not what size tank should I get instead or what fish should I remove from my list? I have a tank right now so I know about fish. This stock is not what I will 100% do so please do not tell me this is cruel. I just haven't put a lot of research into it yet. So I came here to get some tips before I research. Thank you for all your help!

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don' know much about the other fish, but what I do know is that both the Badis and the Celestial Pearl Danios prefer species only tanks. I am by no means an expert, but I am pretty sure that the butterfly fish needs warmer temps than at least the hillstream loach. If you are interested in other options, let me know what kind of fish you like and I can try to figure something out for you.

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
And also, if you are debating tank sizes, bigger is always better,(usually), because it allows you to have more wiggle room with mistakes, (and I am not implying that you will)

Gourami123

Reaction score
Oh wow I did not think of the temperature I feel really stupid now XD.

I love all kinds of gouramis. I know that pearl gouramis can be together. Are there any other kinds of gouramis that are compatible with each other as well? Or any gouramis compatible with pearl gouramis?

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Offhand, i dont think so, at leqst none thatvi have heard of other than pearl gouramis. And don't feel stupid, I only know they need different temps because I saw that they are usually kept with goldfish. You could do a gourami centerpiece with other fish, or a large school of pearl gouramis. You have a lot of opportunities in a 55 gallon

Gourami123

Reaction score
fishlover001 said:
Offhand, i dont think so, at leqst none thatvi have heard of other than pearl gouramis. And don't feel stupid, I only know they need different temps because I saw that they are usually kept with goldfish. You could do a gourami centerpiece with other fish, or a large school of pearl gouramis. You have a lot of opportunities in a 55 gallon
Thank you very much. This is very helpful!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom